Texas Tech Health Sciences Center Managed Care is currently seeking full time Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) for the Montford Unit in Lubbock, TX. Current openings include positions in medical, long-term care and behavioral health.
TTUHSC Managed Care partners with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) to provide medical healthcare, behavioral health care and dental services to inmates in the Northwestern regions of Texas. This is a great opportunity to serve a population of patients that may have not had any access to qualify healthcare services prior to their sentencing. This is a great chance to serve and educate patents and maybe even see and assist with medical and behavioral health issues that you may not get to see in the free world.
Job duties include:
- Reports data, identifies and reports altercations in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/ outcomes.
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
- Administer or assist with the administration and documentation of medications.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
Curious about pay?
- TTUHSC Managed Care LVNs average about $45,000 annually/ $21.63 hourly (based on experience).
- Approximately 312 hours will include a $3 per hour shift differential for weekend shifts which totals approx $936. For LVN's working nights, you will receive a $3 per hour shift diff Monday- Friday and $6 per hour Saturday and Sunday!
- Total estimated salary equals $49504.95 (10% over base)
- TTUHSC pays approximately $11,700 per year for employees insurance which equals $5.62 per hour. This is an extra 26% of your annual salary you get to take home that you have to pay out of pocket with other companies. You would have to make an extra $5.62 per hour somewhere else to make that up. You would have to make $27.25 per hour to bring home more than our average!
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission.
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude.
- INTEGRITY to be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance