Office of Visitors & Volunteers
Work Unit Description
The Office of Visitors & Volunteers (OVV) registers over 4000 visitors and volunteers annually throughout the Academics, Central Services, Healthcare and Research missions at OHSU.
The OVV is a central office for managing the registering, recruitment, and retention processes for unescorted visitors, and volunteers in compliance with the OHSU Visitor policy. Prior to OVV, there was no central office to ensure the visitor policy was being followed. The policy was created to ensure campus safety and compliance. OVV's mission is to streamline registering processes for unpaid personnel and equip them with the resources needed to be successful at OHSU.
Volunteers and visitors contribute over 200,000 hours of service annually to OHSU. These incredible relationships not only contribute to the goals and missions of each area in which they serve, but by hosting these individuals, OHSU carries out its institution-wide research, education, and outreach missions.
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
- FTE: 0.5 (part time)
- Schedule: Set schedule of 20 hours per week to be discussed, will be within Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Location: OHSU Marquam Hill, Portland, OR
- Salary: $20.00 per hour
Functions/Duties of Position
This part-time position reports to the Office of Visitors & Volunteers (OVV) Program Manager. This position is responsible for the administrative duties of Office of Visitors & Volunteers. The Program Coordinator requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, a high degree of confidentiality, independent judgment, and the ability to anticipate the needs of the offices/program in which it supports. Another small percentage of this position supports administrative tasks for a cross-mission committee at OHSU, the Workplace Expression of Breast Milk Advisory Committee (WEBMAC). Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide efficient onboarding and retention of OVV visitors & volunteers: Provides customer service to internal and external customers; performs data entry; assists with the maintenance of volunteer and visitor files and archives; processes incoming paperwork, miscellaneous compliances; responds to or distributes communications (email, phone, etc.) as appropriate. Provides ongoing support and guidance for visitors & volunteers. Meets with internal and external customers to identify needs and prepare coordination/registration plans as appropriate. Coordinates assigned summer internship cohorts through registration processes. Consults with internal customers regarding OVV and institutional policies and procedures, provides guidance on recruitment, retention and termination procedures.
- Provides Administrative assistance to daily operations of the OVV: Contributes to the daily administrative and HR operations of the office that include: office coverage; responding to general inquires; welcoming guests; answering phones; scanning confidential documents to electronic files; data entry; database management; maintaining electronic files; contributes to office and program media outlets; attending trainings and representing OVV at internal and external events and meetings as assigned, attending trainings/ conferences/ meetings as requested; coordinates summer internship cohorts through registration process; provides administrative assistance to fellow team members as assigned.
- OVV Reporting & compliance: In collaboration with the OVV Program manager and fellow team members, runs and analyzes reports, performs audits and ensures OVV is operating under program, institutional, state, and federal policies, laws and compliance mandates. Coordinate and ensure appropriate education, mandatory OHSU trainings and compliances are completed by volunteers and visitors in accordance with OHSU guidelines and regulatory agency requirements (e.g., Joint Commission).
- OVV Administrative/Assistant Support to Program Manager : Serve as a back-up to the OVV Program Assistant for administrative support needs of the Program Manager. Assist Program Manager with the development of volunteer/visitor policies, procedures, and standards of service.
- Provide administrative support for OVV events, trainings and workshops: Facilitate and present as needed, contribute to and participate in recognition programs and special events, and related tasks as appropriate. Develop and revise training materials and standard operating procedures as necessary .
- Provide Administrative support to the Workplace Expression of Breast Milk Advisory Committee: Take meeting minutes; assist with uploading and organizing the WEBMAC Box.com account; coordinate agenda items; make copies; monitor the WEBMAC email account and respond or triage as appropriate; assist with event and meeting coordination; coordinate catering; and related tasks as assigned
- Associate's degree in related field, or equivalent education/experience
- 2 years of progressively responsible administrative experience preferably some HR experience
- Extensive computer experience, particularly with Outlook and Excel
- Creativity, initiative, good judgment, and the ability to communicate thoughts simply and effectively are essential in this position
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, be flexible and meet deadlines in a complex working environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with databases, websites, and social media outlets
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (with intermediate-advanced skills with MS Outlook and MS Excel
- Experience managing electronic calendars; scheduling meetings for multiple individuals
- Demonstrated Professional experience to handle confidential information with tact and diplomacy
- Advanced writing and communication skills
- Extensive customer service experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interact with faculty and investigators, staff, students, and visitors at all levels within OHSU and in the community
- Strong demonstrated organization skills, with the ability to understand overall program objectives and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Proficiency with standard office equipment
- Bachelors Degree with 3+ years general office or secretarial experience
- Education focus and/or career interests in Human Resources, or Volunteer Management
- 4+ years of customer service experience
- Familiarity with OHSU Human Resources policies and procedures
- Familiarity with Federal Wage and hour laws as they apply to interns and volunteers and visitors
- Familiarity with general OHSU scructure and policies
- Prefer experience in academic and/or research environment
- Advanced skills with MS Outlook and MS Excel
- Experience with personnel software (e.g. Oracle, Halogen TalentSpace, Volgistics, etc.)
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Referral Bonus Eligible
Referral Bonus Amount