- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor's Degree required in Human Resources Management or related Field
- Knowledge of employment laws, such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws regulating discrimination and equal opportunity employment
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new challenges. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a flexible, adaptive Human Resource Business Partner on the Amazon Web Services team. You will partner directly with all levels to develop and execute the HR deliverables that foster organizational and people effectiveness. We are looking for a Human Resource professional that has the ability to diagnose problems as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions across HR functional areas in partnership with the COEs.
This role is based in Herndon, Virginia, and your client groups will include dynamic teams of engineers in various locales who provide critical post-sales support to our AWS customers every day. In this rapidly growing, global organization, you will have the opportunity to help build and shape the people strategy for the local team, while being part of a larger global strategy. The role will provide you with the opportunity to support the life cycle of an employee and partner with multiple levels of management, allowing you to grow both depth and breadth as an HR professional.
- Work with business clients to drive a performance culture through coaching and facilitating talent reviews
- Manage and execute HR programs & projects independently and as part of cross functional teams that address critical organizational needs
- Review and analyze organizational metrics including data on attrition, retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements
- Partner with the business to lead our Organization and Leadership Review, which focus on performance management, talent development and cross-group dynamics
- Maintain a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits
- Support the delivery of appropriate training and development programs to build manager capability
- Provide valuable input and expertise to the Management Team and all other employees on Employment Law, HR Policies, HR Processes, Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development, etc.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is preferred
- Strong business and HR acumen, including problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong project/program management skills, with the ability to obtain buy-in and then drive execution
- Excellent communication Skills
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced environment with a high level of energy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.