- JOB SUMMARY/ACCOUNTIBILITY
Reporting to the Vice-President of Marketing and Development, the Event and Marketing Specialist is responsible for the implementation of fundraising events. The Event Specialist will have responsibility of producing three special event fundraisers a year from conception through completion that host up to 400 guests and donors plus one marketing event fundraiser. The event specialist will provide outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations and will serve as team lead for post donor relations and stewardship post event. This position is also responsible for external communications to promote programs and services offered to clients and potentials clients as well as donors and potential donors.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Philanthropy, Public Administration, Communication, Journalism or similar field.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience that could provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities, will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Proven track record of identifying and maximizing event opportunities.
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, fundraisers, meetings, parties, corporate events).
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords, SEO, and etc.)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively manage time, information, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, and apply critical thinking skills with a high degree of accuracy in a high volume setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to maintain a positive relationship with clients, agency staff, coworkers, senior staff, referring sources, community resources and contractors.
- Perform other tasks and assignments that are required by the Vice President of Marketing and Development.
- Event planning, design and production within time limits.
- Working with donor and guest to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Organizing facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to Vice President of Marketing and Development.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality.
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest.
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Assist in writing marketing literature to augment the organization’s presence in the market.
- Assist in organizing campaigns and developing marketing strategies.
- Reporting on success by monitoring key metrics.
- Responding to marketing queries via phone, email or social media
- Content curator and manager of monthly newsletters.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 20 Lbs.
- Ability to traverse stairs and other uneven terrain to gain access to and to maneuver throughout offsite locations including office buildings and special event locations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- We are devoted, dedicated and always willing to pitch in.
- We are passionate about what we do.
- We do what we say.
- We have a "Can Do" attitude.
- We always treat co-workers, donors and children and families with respect, courtesy and patience.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Google AdWords: 1 year (Preferred)
- event planning: 1 year (Preferred)