Reston, VA - Herndon, VA - McLean, VA and Fort Meade, MD.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and hold an active TS/SCI w/ FS Poly
As a Consultant within our practice, you will:
- Work with clients to identify financial control issues and gaps.
- Design and implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities
- Assist with accounting and financial reporting operations
- Advise our clients on technical accounting and internal controls matters.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports.
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assist in proposal development, as requested
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or another Business-related field
- 0-1+ year of experience performing financial statement audits and/or auditability assessments
- 0-1+ year of experience in reviewing, analyzing, validating, and reconciling financial/accounting information
- Experience improving Federal accounting and transaction process, internal control objectives and generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and/or OMB Circular A-123 documentation, Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR), testing and reporting requirements.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and hold an active TS/SCI w/ FS Poly. Do you meet this requirement?
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply