Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on cutting-edge technology, data driven decisions and automation. Our core competency is providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we provide competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, Andrew Killion and Mitchell Skinner, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm's first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you'll do as a Junior Developer on the User Interface Team at Akuna:
We are seeking Junior Developers to join our innovative and growing technology team at Akuna. In this role you will work directly with traders, quants, and other software developers to design, build, test, and maintain real-time data visualization tools. As a Junior Developer on the UI Team, you'll be part of a knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated engineering team made up of both C# and Web Developers. Based on what suits your background and preferred coding language(s), you can choose to apply with Akuna as a Junior C# Developer or Junior Web Developer.
As a C# Developer, you'll learn to write high performance C# applications, help develop and fine tune our existing systems and work towards developing our next-gen UI solutions. The UI team uses C# to create multithreaded user interfaces which handle high volumes of data and provide traders with a real-time view of the markets. Performance is key and we're always looking for more efficient and innovative ways to view the markets.The applications you build will aid traders in understanding market conditions, assessing risk and managing other components in our system.
The ideal C# Development candidate would have experience using a C-style object-oriented programming language: C#, Java, and/or C++.
Qualities that make great candidates for the UI team:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related field completed upon employment
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with network and concurrent programming is a plus
- An interest in user interface technologies and UX
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with the team to develop innovative solutions
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Knowledge of / willingness to learn about finance (derivatives, exchanges, market-making etc.)
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
- Major GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be graduating Summer 2020 or prior
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using OPT or STEM
If you apply to multiple roles, you may be asked to complete multiple coding challenges and interviews.