ABOUT THE DIRECTOR OF FINANCE POSITION:
The Network is seeking an experienced finance executive to join the organization as it launches its new strategic plan. The Director of Finance and Administration is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director and is a member of the management team. The Director of Finance and Administration provides strategic leadership and day to day supervision of the Finance, HR, and Operations. The Director of Finance and Administration supervises a part-time accounting assistant. The ideal candidate is a hands-on collaborative leader who will work with the management team and program staff to support the organization and strengthen its infrastructure and capacity. This position is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in having a positive impact on families by helping the organization as it works to fulfill its mission and meet its short and long term objectives.
- Oversee the accounting and financial reporting functions. Manage all GL entries, the monthly close, bank reconciliations, etc. to assure timely and accurate entries and reporting.
- Develop and present financial reports in a timely, clear, and accurate manner, in accordance with GAAP, so that the organization can make effective management decisions.
- Manage organizational cash flow.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED and program managers; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep management team informed about the organization’s financial status.
- Oversee the financial management of the contracts, ensure that the contract billing schedule is adhered to and that invoices are paid in a timely way.
- Oversee grants management including budgeting, revenue recognition, expense tracking, and accurate and timely reporting to funders.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedural manual.
- Oversee risk management for the organization.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the management team and the board of directors.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
- Oversee the Network’s HR function including payroll and benefits, leave administration, performance management, recruiting, and employee relations.
- Update the Employee Manual to reflect current laws and practices and maintain personnel files.
- Review the compensation structure and benefits offerings and make changes as needed to reflect the organizational values and support the hiring and retention of qualified staff.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations. Serve as liaison with building management on Office Lease.
- Oversee the IT infrastructure for the organization; manage the outsourced IT consultant; evaluate the current hardware infrastructure and update as needed to support the strategic IT and data needs of the organization.
- You love analyzing data, and have a natural ability to use data in order to tell a story.
- You believe Excel is the greatest software program ever.
- You are naturally curious, love to solve problems, and are interested in the big picture as well as the detail.
- You have a passion for nonprofits and making a difference.
- You are a team player and thrive on collaboration.
- You believe quality and accuracy are fundamental values for your work.
- Bachelors in accounting, business, or finance. Advanced degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Five years or more senior leadership experience in charge of financial oversight and management in a nonprofit, public, or private sector organization.
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for an organization, and has overseen a human resources function.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including public and philanthropic grant accounting, fund accounting, and private fund revenue recognition.
- Hands on knowledge and experience in managing general accounting, budgeting and planning, procedures and controls, and analysis and reporting.
- An understanding of the strategies and mechanics of budgeting for funding and managing the expenses of a nonprofit organization. Business acumen to drive business decisions and revenue generation.
- Comfort with technology; experience working with various computer and financial programs and platforms. MIP experience preferred. Excellent Excel skills.
- Mature level of judgment and decision-making in a changing, forward thinking service environment; A team player who understands and can communicate the business implications of plans and service strategies and who is able to creatively design and explore systems and procedures that fit current and long term needs of the organization in accordance with our Strategic Plan.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of our organization.
Job Type: Full-time