No Experience Necessary, Full Training Provided
National Credit Services provides recovery solutions to achieve superior results for our clients. You will be part of a growing organization that has been in business for over 20 years. We offer a professional and supportive work environment and we are committed to working as a team toward common goals.
The Collections Specialist contacts borrowers to advise them of delinquencies or defaults on their accounts and assists them with repayment and resolution options.The position requires gathering and verifying information by contacting borrowers, employers, state and county records departments, and other third parties.
- Spending core hours on the phone locating/assisting clients with delinquent accounts and payment arrangements.
- Evaluating and assessing the borrower’s credit and financial situation.
- Preparing accurate and detailed file documentation.
- Updating account status and borrower’s information as needed.
- Become an expert in federal, state and local laws as it applies to FDCPA & TCPA practices.
- Upbeat, positive demeanor with an attitude for success.
- Regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Confident with demonstrated negotiation skills.
- High level of integrity when having difficult conversations.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Customer service, collections or sales background preferred.
- Communicate with clients while typing 30+ WPM.
- Required to pass a background check and obtain a federal background clearance.
This job is performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
National Credit Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and protected veteran status.
National Credit Services is an employment-at-will employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.97 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance