Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
PayPal Payouts is a global, high growth product. This Business to Consumer (B2C) and Business to Business (B2B) product allows our customers to pay thousands of their customers each and every day.
Payouts Engagement team is responsible for building world class servicing platform with elegant
customer experience to serve markets around the world. The team is made up of software developers who have a passion for creating scalable platforms and easy to use interfaces. As a software engineer in Payouts Engineering team you will be instrumental in building next generation platform and craft solutions capable of delivering millions of hits every day. We'd like to know that you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Experience building applications with popular JS frameworks and libraries (React, Angular, Ember, Babel, Webpack, Underscore, etc.).
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming concepts, core Java concepts, multi-threading, MVC, and common design patterns, SQL/NoSQL Databases
- Experience working with large scale applications, production rollouts, monitoring and debugging live issues
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well. . Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
. Strong debugging and problem solving skills across the whole tech stack - language, databases, web servers and system environment
. Proven interpersonal communication skills
- Extra credit: Provide your GitHub account or StackOverflow profile with your resume!
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release.
- Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles..
- Work in Agile environment and implement solutions through coding and rapid prototyping
. Embrace open-source – either by using it, extending it, or inventing new projects
. Ability to lead project involving cross vertical integration
. Think out of the box - Passion to innovate!
San Jose, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.