The compliance attorney will be responsible for case file review to confirm compliance with law firm policies and procedures and reporting to management on an attorney’s compliance with law firm policies and procedures. These responsibilities are based on established policies, procedures, best practices, and other firm rules associated with the practice of personal injury litigation. This position will provide support to the Group Attorney Manager.
- Reviews legal documents
- Responsible for monitoring and reviewing firm and court deadlines with daily and/or weekly reporting to the Attorney Manager
- Monitors actual practices for compliance with policies and procedures
- Interacts and communicates with clients when requested to do so by Attorney Manager
- Communicates with Attorney Manager for any and all potential legal ramifications of each issue before him or her
- Conducts training and becomes the go-to-person for questions and issues
- Supports Attorney Manager to assess training needs and assists with day-to-day operations.
- May accompany attorneys for court hearings, etc.
- Assists with preparation of depositions
- Carries out performance assessments to develop metrics; trial set percentages, depo counts.
- Creates in-house training materials to meet firm and departmental standards
- Maintain Salesforce dashboards
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to delegate, manage people, and evaluate staff.
- Must have the ability to motivate and energize attorneys to generate the best results for clients and the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Superb organizational and time management skills to include meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with professionalism and integrity
- Must be able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
- Teamwork capacity to include ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in the department and the organization in general
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with policy and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; researching/problem-solving skills
- Excellent client service skills and the ability to promote and maintain a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to understand, analyze, and evaluate situations and exercise good judgment to make appropriate decisions
Preferred Education and Experience
- JD degree from an accredited law school required
- Must be in good standing with the state bar
- Personal Injury experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce software or other CRM system
- Experience with a variety of office equipment
- Must have valid driver license and good driving record
- Spanish bilingual preferred