The Society of Jesus is a Roman Catholic order of priests and brothers founded in 1534 by the soldier-turned-priest Ignatius Loyola, most often referred to as "the Jesuits." In our region, we refer to ourselves as the USA Northeast Province of the Society of Jesus (UNE), one group within the Society of Jesus in the United States and one part of the worldwide body of Jesuits. The USA Northeast Province consists of eight states in our region: New York, northern New Jersey, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Jesuits from the USA Northeast Province also serve in Jamaica, Jordan, Micronesia and elsewhere throughout the world. This individual will work as part of the Advancement team of UNE in our Weston, MA office.
The primary role of this position is assisting the Director of Stewardship Programs and Events in the Weston office with event management, specifically the annual Jesuit GALA being held on Thursday, May 7, 2020. Availability the day and into late evening on Thursday, May 7, 2020 is a must.
This position is currently part time, approximately 12 hours per week up to 20 hours per week from January through the end of May, 2020. There may be an opportunity to transition to part time, permanent status after the GALA event.
This individual will perform diversified duties including administrative details related to event logistics, planning, registration, on-site event tasks, print materials (invitations, programs, signage) and assist where needed while working with the Advancement and Communications team on the development and execution of a comprehensive stewardship system that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels to coincide with the Advancement Fund Raising and Province priorities. Availability to work occasional nights and weekends may be necessary, especially the weekend of May 1 and 2 and the evenings of May 4-7, 2020.
Primary tasks of the of this position include:
- Works with the Director of Stewardship Programs and Events and the Weston Advancement staff on executing a strategy for stewardship of current donors and prospects.
- Works with the Director of Stewardship Programs and Events on the execution of existing programs and initiatives, including the annual Jesuit GALA & GOLF OUTING, JESUIT JUBILEES and other Stewardship Events as planned.
- Supports the work of the Advancement internal staff and the Jesuit GALA & GOLF volunteer committees.
- Supports the Director of Stewardship Programs and Events as needed and will perform other duties as assigned.
- Assists and participates in events and various activities for donor and prospect groups as well as internal Jesuit gatherings, such as the annual Jesuit Jubilee events.
Education and Experience:
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree,
- Minimum of one to three years’ work experience in fields such as event planning, marketing, writing, donor relations, and Advancement preferredCandidates must possess the following:
- Knowledge of computer systems and electronic communication: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database is required.
- Familiarity with graphic design programs, such as In-Design, helpful.Additional Skills & Abilities:
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy-going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined. The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Detail-oriented nature.
- The ability to collaborate, work as a member of a team, successfully set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of the objectives of the Advancement program and all other divisions of the Advancement Office, and to integrate their goals with those objectives
- Ability to work closely with a highly motivated and multi-tasking Advancement staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understanding and appreciation for a team-oriented management style.
- Ability to patiently multi-task in high-pressure settings.
- Flexibility to adapt to change
- Occasional lifting of materials and supplies (not more than 40 lbs.) may be required for event site preparation.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- advancement: 1 year (Required)
- event planning, marketing, writing, donor relations: 1 year (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift