ChemInstruments located in Fairfield, Ohio is an established leader in testing and laboratory equipment. We provide instruments to a variety of international customers. We have over 25 years of experience and are well known in our industry. We have an immediate opportunity for an Office Assistant. This position will be responsible for general office duties as outlined below.
- Supports Customer Service and Production staff.
- Answer phones in a professional manner and direct calls to appropriate employees.
- Create purchase orders based on inventory, maintain relationships with vendors.
- Track and receive purchase orders, match with invoicing.
- Receive parts and maintain inventory levels.
- Work with chart of accounts, bookkeeping and accounting experience beneficial.
- Create and maintain parts in inventory software.
- Create and maintain forms, procedures and manuals.
- Assist HR with ad placements, job descriptions and new hire paperwork.
- Track employee PTO.
- Schedule company outings.
- Manage Office equipment and office supplies.
- Open mail and distribute as needed.
- Keeps office filing up to date.
- Maintain and print machine manuals as needed.
- Provide backup support for Customer Service Team.
- High attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and be able to move to other assignments as needed.
- Ability to work closely with other members of the organization.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook required.
- Experience with Microsoft CRM and Great Plains accounting software a plus.
- 2 year degree or equivalent experience is required
- Detail oriented
- Prior purchasing experience a plus
- Full time 8:00 - 4:30
- 401K after 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.50 to $23.00 /hour
- administrative: 2 years (Preferred)