Paradigm is looking for an Analytical Chemist for Chromatography to support our client, HP Inc. in Corvallis, Or. The Analytical Chemist will be part of the ADL team contributing technical knowledge and hands on analytical expertise in the area of Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry and other relevant wet chemistry analysis to solve technical problems for the business and deliver quality insights to HP partners helping to accelerate and advance technologies in the core and emerging 3D printing markets.
Long-term contract, on-site, full-time
Medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, PTO, sick leave
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrated experience using multiple chemical analysis techniques (LC/MS (TOF & QTOF), GC/MS) and related sample preparation.
- Apply skills to conduct complex, accurate analyses that give meaningful insights to technology and product development teams (Ink R&D Scientists or reliability engineers).
- Clearly communicate results and analysis in context of their business application to engineering partners in verbal and written form.
- Analyze, characterize and troubleshoot complex material systems (organic/inorganic/polymer/ink/pigment) pertaining to ink jet and 3D printer business.
- Responsible for contributing to the building out of exact mass LC/MS Library with search functionality through the addition of algorithms & MS data from broad suite of materials (polymers to surfactants) material sets analyzed and designed with intention to integrate with other databases for shared use by other sites and improved overall efficiencies.
- Work closely with ADL staff (manager, engineers, technicians), ADL partners (process, supply chain, test, product, R&D, modeling and integration engineers, project managers), geographies and on occasion interface with outsource partners.
The ideal candidate will have:
- MS or PhD in Analytical chemistry (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years direct analytical experience using LC/MS, GC/MS and associated sample preparation methods & techniques.
- Experience must be well founded on a solid theoretical understanding of Chemistry.
- Experience with colloidal systems, reverse and normal phase chromatography.
- Ability to identify unknowns using TOF and QTOF mass spectrometry and sample prep of acid/base and solvent systems.
- Strong technical, collaborative and organizational skills.
- Experience with troubleshooting LC/MS systems is also desired.
- Experience with Agilent and Bruker analytical equipment & software
- Experience with ICP and XRF
- SQL expertise (Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, MS Reporting Services)
- Data automation experience
- Programming background (python, Java, C#)
- Experience with non-targeted LC/MS analysis and identification of unknowns using Q-TOF LC/MS is highly desired
Paradigm offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, and PTO.
About Us, Paradigm
Want to love Mondays? It's possible when you love what you do. Paradigm is a staffing solutions firm dedicated to finding the perfect job for candidates. We're connected with some of the most innovative tech companies around, giving our employees that competitive edge needed in today's job market.
We are proud to offer a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. We value diversity and promote respect in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.
About our Client, HP Inc.
Please visit www.hp.com to learn more about our client
Only local candidates able to work directly for Paradigm as W-2 employees can be considered for this position. No agents, please.