The ISL creative team seeks a (Senior) Art Director with the talent, experience and moxie to develop and produce compelling creative. Ideal candidates have an exceptional personal portfolio—reflecting a developed taste and style. They are comfortable working hands-on but can also lead creative collaborators to elevated design and content solutions. We are looking for people with a broad range of experience—from typography and branding, illustration, photography, videography, animation, interactive, and beyond. We create content, fabricate environmental displays, shoot videos + photos—we do a lot; so all backgrounds and skills are relevant. Previous agency experience is a major must. It suggests your familiarity handling multiple projects, working across teams and presenting work to clients.
Ideal Experience + Skill Set
- You have worked with a team of creatives for 3-5 years.
- You have client-facing agency experience.
- You previously held a title like Art Director in a content, brand or advertising focused setting.
- You use your understanding of and skills in design, photography and motion skills to roughly visualize ideas and concepts, but also have the chops to produce polished + publishable graphic design.
- You can direct designers, photographers, motion + sound artists to produce publish-ready content + collateral—inspiring them to create their very best work.
- You understand pre-production, production + post-production techniques + workflows and are familiar with client approval necessities throughout projects.
- You're comfortable partnering with a copywriter to concept + visualize compelling ideas + images that clients will buy and audiences will connect with.
- You have a preternatural awareness for current trends and best practices in a variety of digital media—primarily social media platforms where a majority of our work is published and consumed.
- You like to bend the medium and explore new opportunities to play with formats.
- You are a compelling presenter + designer of presentations.
- You are good at selling your ideas and explaining creative rationale to a client while respectfully considering their business goals + requirements.
If you don't have an active portfolio of creative work, please don't apply : ) The portfolio is what counts!
Job Type: Full-time
- Graphic Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Other types of insurance