Coalition's mission is to solve cyber risk. We provide cyber security tools and up to $15M of insurance coverage to help businesses remain resilient in the face of pervasive and dynamic cyber and technological risks. Our cyber risk management platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect over 10,000 organizations (and growing) before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, Lloyds of London, and Argo Group. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it), we hope you'll consider joining us!
About the Role
We are looking for quality engineers with 3+ years of test automation experience. In this role, you will look holistically across our architecture to help us design and develop scalable test infrastructure and tools to enable developers to efficiently test their changes and assure that the product overall corresponds with business requirements. You will work closely with the product team to understand the business flows of the complex and nuanced insurance industry that will help you to drive automated tests based on the acceptance criteria.
You will have a chance to learn and apply modern software testing methods and approaches such as Consumer Driven Contract Testing, various mocking techniques, and service virtualization.
- B.S. Computer Science and 3+ years of experience in quality engineering and test automation
- Passionate about quality and quality-focused technologies for software
- Experience with backend and front-end test automation frameworks
- Proficient programming skills with Python, Golang, Java, Scala or TypeScript
- A high level of curiosity and critical thinking
- An understanding of the importance of both the engineering and business context in a technical ecosystem
- Experience testing distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with CI tools and best practices
- Experience in testing distributed systems using Consumer-Driven Contract Testing
- Experience developing mocking mechanisms for isolated testing
- Experience in testing event-driven architectures
- Experience with Docker and Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of performance/load testing methodologies and tools
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with behavioral testing and use of behavior driven test frameworks
- We have lots of them. Check them out at https://www.thecoalition.com/careers
This is a remote position based in the US or Western Canada.
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.\n This is a remote position.