Associate Engineer - (11063)
This position requires that employees be in compliance with JEA procedure ES A0200 A0101 RS 628 Screening Personnel Risk Assessments (pre-hire for FACTA designations; pre-hire and recurring for CIP Individual acquires knowledge and skills in a specific functional area by performing routine engineering assignments using standard analysis, procedures and techniques. Responsibilities may include performing engineering investigation and analysis, design tasks, preparing portions of project documents, project plan review and inspection for small to medium projects or designated segments of larger more complex projects that require no previous experience. Initially work receives close supervision for sound technical and professional judgment, but then is expected to gain independence with experience. Is expected to coordinate work with all internal stakeholders as required. May be asked to assist the manager with preparing updates of schedules, budgets and communications regarding projects and assignments within the department. designations).
- Assess and make recommended system design improvements, expansions or replacements under the direction and review of a lead engineer or manager.
- Serve as a project manager of small to moderately complex utility projects through all phases including: initial scoping, funding approvals, site selections, design, specifying and procuring equipment, coordinating construction, cost and budget management, final system checks, startup and final sign-off.
- Assists with the preparation of requests for proposal (RFPs), reviewing responses and making bid award recommendations based on JEA procurement guidelines and policy.
- Assists in overseeing complex field inspections including testing. Responsible to document and report non- conformance with design plans and specifications.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders as required regarding engineering requirements and utility projects.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned utility system performance, includes coordinating with operators, investigating system failures, recommending corrective actions and improvement opportunities and providing training when necessary.
- Preparation of technical, financial or process analysis related reports.
- Preparation of written and verbal project status reports to include scheduling and financial performance details.
- Performs other job-related work as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (EAC/ABET).
Must have college courses or experience within the specialty area of structural, construction engineering, and design in reinforced concrete, foundation and/or metal structures.
***You must upload a copy of your college transcript to show successful completion of the required courses***
Note: Applicants that are actively enrolled in and attending college and are within their final year of the Civil Engineering degree program will be deemed eligible, allowed to test/interview for the position and if successful will be placed on the eligibility list. Successful completion of the degree must be presented prior to hire date.
A valid drivers license is required prior to employment and must be maintained during employment.
This position requires that employees be in compliance with JEA procedure ES A0200 A0101 RS 628 Screening Personnel Risk Assessments (pre-hire for FACTA designations; pre-hire and recurring for CIP designations).
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville
Work Locations: NGS Northside Generating Station
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Aug 8, 2018, 3:46:23 PM
Closing Date: Aug 15, 2018, 10:59:00 PM