*Please do not call regarding this posting*
Scheduling Associate Job description
We are seeking a Scheduling Associate to join our scheduling office in Bowie, MD. The position is responsible for handling calls from new and established patient’s relating to the scheduling of procedures, office appointments, and communicating patient questions or concerns to physicians and other staff for a busy multi-office Gastroenterology practice. The position requires quality customer service, an ability to communicate complex subjects to others in order to ensure patient and physician satisfaction.
The Scheduling Associate will perform the following tasks:
- Act as a first contact representative of the practice to new patients.
- Data entry of demographic information.
- Answer incoming calls from patients’ calling to schedule office visits, and upper and lower Gastroenterology related procedures.
- Maintain strong knowledge of an assigned physician’s schedule and communicating with staff, physicians, and patients regarding physician schedules.
- Answer incoming calls from patient’s and family members concerning test results, prescription requests, patient care, and forward to appropriate staff throughout the company for review and to address those questions.
- Answer incoming calls in regards to appointment cancellation and rescheduling.
- Be responsible for rescheduling assigned physician schedules when needed to consolidate schedules appropriately.
- Communicate information concisely and correctly via email, electronic health record, phone and maintain documentation of contacts in order to provide evidence of duties performed, as needed.
- Communicate procedure preparation instructions to patient’s as needed to ensure that proper preparation is completed.
- Document encounters in databases to ensure others in the company are informed of actions taken regarding patient’s.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Assistant Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be computer literate with proficient knowledge of computers,
- Have Microsoft office suite (Outlook, word) experience.
- Have the ability to multi-task and manage a high volume of calls, while maintaining a calm demeanor and understanding of patient needs.
- Be a quick learner and have a can do attitude.
- Be a team player.
- Prioritize urgent calls for follow up and ensure patient needs are addressed.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written in a friendly manner.
- Have a clear understanding of privacy standards, specifically HIPAA.
*Prior experience in a call center environment and in the medical field is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Customer Care: 1 year (Required)
- Medical office: 1 year (Required)
- Call center: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)