World Learning seeks a UDL Consultant to support inclusion and diversity efforts for QITABI 2. The Inclusion Consultant will:
- Provide literature and evidence on UDL, including examples of how UDL is applied within reading and math classes
- Contribute to and help edit the Inclusion section of the desk review for QITABI 2
- Lead inclusion and UDL sessions for a field event in Lebanon
o Meetings with pertinent members of the Education Ministry, project management, and SEL and inclusions specialists in the Lebanon office
o Lead a two-day workshop on UDL followed by workshop for partners.
o Provide one-day TOT session to Lebanon staff
- Review of implementation guidelines providing examples of applying UDL in literacy and math classes
- Review of sample lesson plans
- Review of training materials
Timelines and application
Application submission deadline is November 28, 2019. The consultancy is expected to commence from December 1, 2019 until March 2020. Total expected days of consultancy are 30 days. Consultant will be expected to travel to Lebanon during the course of this consultancy, with the first travel scheduled for the week of December 9, 2019.
Consultants should clearly mention their daily consultancy rates in the application.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
QITABI 2 background
Quality Instruction Towards Access and Basic Education Improvement (QITABI) 2 program aims to improve the reading, writing, and social and emotional learning skills for more than 300,000 students at public primary schools in Lebanon. QITABI 2 has the following program goals:
- Improve student performance in reading, math, and writing.
- Improve students’ social and emotional learning.
- Improve Lebanon’s national-level service delivery of education.
Why World Learning Inc.
Eighty-five years later, World Learning Inc. continues to lead worldwide efforts to foster empathy among people from different cultures. Our global nonprofit World Learning offers 79 global programs that improve education and employment opportunities around the world while promoting civic engagement and strengthening institutions. Our School for International Training offers study abroad programs to 2,200 students each year. And the Experiment in International Living has provided semester long homestays, service, and study opportunities to more than 70,000 students since its inception.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.