POSITION SUMMARY: As a Goodwill Manager, you are an organizational leader responsible for creating a high performing work environment that results in positive associate experiences, excellent customer service and an overall successful operation that supports the mission. Managers model passion for work, strong positive leadership skills and are effective coaches to their direct reports. Managers are expected to understand store and divisional objectives and meet established goals including revenue, profit and expense control. All Goodwill employees are held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Develops, coaches and trains all direct reports in the business unit.
2. Creates an atmosphere of ongoing exceptional customer service to internal (associates, peers, other departments) and external customers (donors, shoppers, community partners).
3. Manages inventory levels of all merchandise lines and oversees all production levels and quality of merchandise to the sales floor to optimize revenue generation.
4. Monitors and ensures a smooth and effective flow of donations adhering to all published standards, safety, security, and state laws.
5. Performs all requested bookkeeping, accounting and reporting requirements on a timely basis to include: monitoring time and attendance system and related policies and procedures; surveys; production reports and sales reports.
6. Maintains effective email, phone and face to face communication.
7. Understands competition in the trading area and is prepared to react to competitive situations.
8. Responsible for all presentation standards and merchandising standards on the sales floor.
9. Responsible for maintaining a safe environment for costumers & employees. Monitors safety and security procedures and ensures safety procedures are enforced on an ongoing basis.
10. Complies with and enforces company policies, standards and values.
11. Participates in special projects, attends meetings.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibility for both retail and production staff, including assistant managers, team leads, and associates.
1. Proven track record of successful leadership and good judgement, preferably in a retail or similar service oriented business or environment (e.g. military experience).
2. High school diploma or equivalent plus three to five years previous management experience in retail or similar service oriented business or environment (e.g. military experience).
3. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
4. Basic math and computer skills (ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets understand computerized time and attendance, understand POS systems etc.).
5. Must have a personal vehicle to use when making cash deposits from the store.
6. Must be willing to work flexible days and hours. Schedule must be flexible to meet the needs of a seven day per week business.
7. Proven ability to inspire, coach, train, and develop store team members to consistently provide exceptional customer service and drive for results.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
2. Previous experience working with the disabled and disadvantaged. 3. Fluency in a language other than English
Physical Demands Medium:
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Prolonged walking, standing and frequent mobility are required. Stretching and bending to stock shelves or fill racks.
Limited – Retail store environment infrequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Retail: 5 years (Required)