Are you looking for your next challenge? Looking for an opportunity to leverage your experience leading business-critical engineering projects to delivery? Consider our role as your next opportunity! Fluke is looking to hire a Sustaining Engineering Manager , to take us to the next level. The role is based in our headquarters in Everett, WA.
The Sustaining Engineering Manager is an engineering role within the Product Development team that will be primary engineering leader for Fluke Biomedical products Sustaining engineering team, and for the Design Validation team’s responsibilities for the Fluke Biomedical Product Portfolio.
- Engineering leadership for sustaining engineering team deliverables for existing products, including improvements to existing products and customer issue resolution
- Act as the escalation point for issues on existing products identified in Operations
- Ability to mentor and grow sustaining engineering and validation engineering talent, including career pathing into Fluke Biomedical Design Engineering and other areas of the organization
- Ability to work with Product Marketing and Project Management to define trade-offs on projects including priority, effort, impact, capacity planning & resource balancing, all while achieving growth opportunities for the team
- Identify and communicate technical risks and trade-offs to Marketing and Sales team members
- Establishes and drives adoption of policies and processes to support an active and sustainable funnel of sustaining projects for the Fluke Health Solutions organization
- Ensures the engineering team has sufficient and extensive VOC (Voice of Customer) to understand requirements before engineering work is started, and ensures technical designs and trade-offs are captured and documented
- Manage and track sustaining project status and manage project status to various internal stakeholders
- Ensures timely communication with all stakeholders regarding technical and project status and engineering risks and mitigations
- Reviews and approves appropriate engineering test procedures to verify & validate sustaining engineering team solutions
- Manage changing requests from customers and assess the impact on the project
- Provides input into strategic initiatives and budgeting process, helping trade-off effort, risk, and impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or another related field
- 4+ years acting as an engineer or engineering lead on Electrical Engineering products, including PCA / PCB design and/or layout, firmware, or similar experience working on hardware projects (Biomedical or Industrial products a plus)
- Experience with people management (leadership and development)
- Ability to work with an integrated team of both on-site and remote team members, managing deliverables across geographies and projects
- Experience, or at least familiarity, with the following technologies and tools: Analog design, Relay / electromechanical components, Kicad EDA software, Cadence EDA software, Allegro PCB design, Altium PCB design software, Eagle EDA and Schematic Capture software
- Experience, or at least familiarity, with Firmware and/or device software development
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and fluid environment
- Ability to adopt Agile processes to a firmware software development environment
- Ability to establish common sense processes and standards across organizational boundaries
- Strong cross department communication (particularly with non-technical stakeholders) is a must
- Analytical skills to evaluate different technologies and assess various risks and communicate them to non-technical stakeholders
- Team leadership or personnel management a plus
- Prior experience in a Biomedical or Industrial device industry is a plus
- Experience working with ECG/EKG, IBP, NIBP, Defibrillator, Biphasic, Electrosurgery, Electrical Safety devices is a huge plus
- Experience with Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement/ Kaizen
- Knowledge of Electrical and Safety Standards (eg: IE60601) a plus
This role may require a light amount of travel.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Fluke Corporation is the world leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of electronic test tools and software. We are a dynamic market leader with sound financial health. The Fluke brand has a reputation for portability, ruggedness, safety, ease of use and rigid standards of quality. A wholly owned subsidiary of Fortive Corporation ( www.fortive.com ), Fluke is a multi-national corporation headquartered in the greater Seattle area. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. It is driven by the phenomenally successful Fortive Business System. Working at Fluke gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging, “stretch” opportunities.
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a ""Fortive Company."" Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."