ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since 1987, TEEL Construction, Inc. has provided general contracting and construction management services to Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., and beyond. Our construction projects have allowed our customers to experience TEEL’s commitment to the highest-quality of construction. This commitment, complete with integrity, dependability and excellence in service, provide a foundation on which relationships are built.
Jointly responsible for the overall success of assigned project(s). Oversees and participates in the allocation of resources to ensure a safe, timely, and quality project while achieving and improving the profit margin. Is the primary contact with Owner, Subcontractors, Suppliers and other company personnel. The primary face of the company – strives to keep the customer happy to encourage long-term business relationships.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Reads, understands, and ensures compliance with all elements of all required/applicable contracts. Is the Company’s authority on contract between the Owner and the Company.
- Attends all meetings w/ Owner. Calls meetings as necessary to clarify or settle major issues.
- Reviews and approves monthly subcontractor pay requisitions.
- Ensures that subcontracts are drafted and executed in a timely fashion to facilitate project schedule.
- Ensures the acquisition of permits, bonds, and insurance through appropriate channels as required.
- Manages and monitors the RFI system.
- Closely monitors all Subcontractor performance in order to ascertain that each subcontractor is in compliance.
- Manages and monitors the shop drawing submittal process.
- Ensures that all field records are being kept.
- Documents important transactions, agreements, delays or events relating to contract, to ensure company’s best interest is served and protected.
- Ensures that changes are correctly posted to budget and other job tracking systems.
- Efficiently completes project closeout in accordance with contract documents.
- Prices, negotiates, and collects for all change orders and extra work.
- Participates in, performs or directs the buyout of the project. Solicits, acquires, and contracts vendors and subcontractors
- Develops new business opportunities.
- Develops a schedule in cooperation with the Superintendent that complies with the customer’s needs, adheres to the terms of the contract, and supports the planning needs of the company
- Maintains and updates the schedule ensuring appropriate documentation of changes and distribution to others. Provides notice to owner if others are affecting scheduling milestones.
- Interfaces with subcontractors and/or vendors to ascertain that work and materials are on schedule. If not on schedule, remedies the problem by developing and implementing a recovery plan that does not adversely affect the budget.
- Assumes responsibility for profit margins and fully manages all financial aspects of the project.
- Reports to appropriate personnel deviations in margins via costs to complete projections
- Identifies discount opportunities both during purchasing process and at time of payment and coordinates these activities with appropriate personnel.
- Oversees field purchases by monitoring and approving job-site purchase orders and invoices to assure compliance with company policies and budget.
- Understands, commits to, and effectively communicates, the concepts and merit of our corporate philosophy of “Zero Punch List”
- Ensures that quality standards of the contract are included in all subcontracts and other agreements.
- Maintains excellent customer satisfaction levels at all times by timely addressing client concerns. Assures that all correspondence, submittals, shop drawings, billings, etc., are produced with a high level of professionalism.
- Ensures that work is performed with an acceptable level of workmanship and that products and material to be used meet contract standards.
- Develops pre-punch list and manages the closeout process to ensure that nonconforming work is quickly corrected.
- Ensures that all closeout documents, warranties, and extra stock is properly submitted to the owner. Ensures all warranty is completed in accordance with contract documents and company policies.
- Communicates, supports, and enforces corporate safety effort.
- Proactively reviews site for safe working conditions.
- Cooperates with Corporate Safety managers to ensure OSHA compliance at jobsites.
- Conducts post-incidents investigations.
- Participates in corporate safety committee meetings as required.
- Effectively communicates with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Is an effective decision maker.
- Possesses a sense of urgency in pursuing completion of job responsibilities.
- Resolves conflict in a professional manner.
- Provides proper guidance and leadership for subordinates.
- Conduct oneself in such a manner as will reflect credit upon the company and encourage others to do likewise.
- Understands motivational work psychology.
- Accepts change with positive and aggressive attitude.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for the successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Completion of the 12th grade, supplemented with a minimum of 10 years construction experience, of which at least 5 years must have been in a leadership capacity.
- Completion of a minimum of an Associates degree in an Engineering, Construction Management, or Business related field supplemented by a minimum of 7 years construction experience of which at least three years must have been in a leadership capacity.
- Completion of a four-year degree in an Engineering, Construction Management or a Business-related field supplemented with a minimum of 5 years construction experience, 3 of which must have been in a leadership capacity.
This position requires frequent field visits.
This description is a summary and not an exhaustive attempt at covering every activity and task of the job. The incumbent should be able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- commercial construction: 5 years
- Project Management: 2 years