Do you want to be part of a team that positively impacts the communities in which Amazon operates in? Are you excited to be a part of building out our Supplier network in support of Amazon’s workforce development strategy? If so, the Alternative Workforce Supplier Program Manager is a great role for you.
As Amazon continues to grow into one of the world’s largest employers we need to continually seek out and better leverage a variety of candidate pipelines. The Alternative Workforce Supplier Program (AWSP) team is challenged with creating and expanding new and existing candidate pipelines specifically focused on people with disabilities. AWSP is responsible for partnering with local and state agencies to identify and screen candidates who possess the skills and work ethic to join the Amazon operations teams. As we expand this program we have a need for a Program Manager who will lead our supplier expansion and performance management within new and existing businesses. Our vision is to create strong community supplier partnerships and develop workforce development programs where we can attract a variety of candidates with disabilities.
The AWSP team is looking for an analytic, self-starting, and engaging Program Manager who will be responsible for driving results across businesses. The role will primarily focus on partnering with external suppliers to create viable, long term business strategies that drive value for both Amazon and our suppliers. This role will be responsible for strategic planning, vendor negotiations, defining and tracking KPI’s, and building/integrating the performance management system used to track results.
He/She will play a key role in the overall success related to performance and financial viability of the program. Layered on top of these requirements is the need for someone who can think about scale and automation.
This innovative workforce strategy and this newly created role provides an opportunity to be an organizational game changer within Amazon while also having a lead role in creating an inclusive culture.
- Owns overall relationship with third party suppliers. This includes selecting new state and city agencies who act as suppliers of talent to Amazon. This includes handling the initial request for proposals for new suppliers as well as managing the service level agreements of current suppliers.
- Build on-going service level agreement and key performance indicators, including auditing supplier processes, simulations, and integrating corrective action plans as necessary
- Design and implement quarterly and annual supplier assessment scorecards
- Develop and own survey/feedback from external suppliers and state agencies
- Lead creation of budget and overall supplier financial performance
- Assist in the development and implementation of short and long term labor plans for the program
- Ability to travel (domestically) up to 25% of the year
- Responsible for the design and implementation of annual supplier summit
- 7 years' of proven supplier management, program management, and leadership experience.
- Demonstrated management of diverse account portfolios
- Project management skills; experienced with leading projects at a network level where you used influence (without authority) to obtain buy-in
- Experience negotiation with executive level decision makers(prefer prior experience with social enterprises)
- Experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including, SalesForce, Microsoft SharePoint, SQL, and Tableau
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in developing and managing budgets, hiring, and training
- Experience in collaboration with government and state agencies
- Strongly prefer prior experience within staffing and or workforce development industries
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to candidates with disabilities and employment practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation