The Shift Managers are responsible for the supervision of approximately 5 - 20 crew members and proper execution of restaurant operations on a shift, to provide guests with a great dining experience, while upholding service and quality standards.
Along with 1 – 2 Shift Managers, provides support to the General Manager who has total accountability for the success of the restaurant. Additional responsibilities include focus on employee retention, continuous operational improvement, and understanding profit and loss statements, operating plans, and costs. Must have a strong commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Ability to prepare and interpret business reports and schedules, analyze data and develop solutions to ensure operating goals are achieved.
- Assists the General Manager by overseeing assigned shifts; monitors brand standards execution and adherence; and directs hourly staff to achieve guest service standards in a clean and pleasant environment.
- Assists in the achievement of controllable profit goals by monitoring controls and taking corrective action to achieve the desired result.
- Develops and coach hourly employees on brand standards, corporate policies and procedures, and other guest focused programs/activities to meet or exceed guest service standards.
- Works with the General Manager to attract, hire, onboard and retain competitive hourly talent to meet staffing requirements and guest service standards.
- Brings employee relations issues, deviations from brand standards, and other guest issues to the attention of the General Manager; recommends and participates in the execution of corrective action as required.
- Works with the General Manager to develop hourly employees through corporate training programs, individual development plans, and system assignments.
- Develops relationships with civic, business, school, and professional organizations to establish good community relations and increase guest counts, as requested.
- Ensures proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Works to create and maintain an enjoyable and respectful environment for our guests and employees.
- Addresses and resolves complaints and requests promptly and in a courteous manner.
- Follows management cash handling, inventory and other operational procedures as outlined in restaurants Brand Standards.
- Willingness to assist others without being asked.
- Completes all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift a tray weighing up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs; place items on high and low shelves in office, store rooms, service areas, walk-in coolers and freezers
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift and grasp
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to employee and guest needs
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
- Must be able to operate point-of-sale system and differentiate between monetary denominations
- Must be able to work with all Brand menu products
- Must be able to work with potentially hazardous chemicals
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in confined work area
- Must be able to work inside and outside the restaurant
- Must be able to observe staff and all aspects of restaurant operations
- Must be able to stand and walk during an 8 to 10 hour shift; occasional shifts in excess of 10 hours may be required due to the demands of the business
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperature changes in kitchen and freezer areas
Job Type: Full-time
- Shift Manager: 1 year (Required)
- Restaurant Management: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)