Boston.com is one of the most-read digital media outlets in the region. Each month, our stories reach millions of people, and we’re seeking to expand our offering by adding a food writer to our team.
We’re looking for a digital journalist to focus on useful coverage of where (and what) people are eating and drinking. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative, creative, versatile thinker who cares about the topics and stories that our readers care about on any given day.
This writer will achieve results through publishing coverage in line with our core editorial mission: What Boston really cares about right now.
- Craft timely, well-researched pitches, and work on assignments with equal enthusiasm. Work on a range of stories by reporting and/or aggregating credible sources, separating fact from fiction. Write copy with a meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, grammar, and team standards for style, framing, imagery, SEO, and social.
- Primarily focus on creating content that serves our region. Utilize user data as the main — but not only — indicator of success, and distill findings into instinct and action.
- Consistently voice new ideas and solutions that help to improve our coverage. Actively contribute to brainstorms and discussions that impact the site’s offering.
- Experiment with, adapt to, and suggest digital storytelling approaches, formats, and tools that better serve our audience and team.
- 2-4 years spent reporting and writing for a media outlet, preferably covering food/restaurants in the region.
- A track record of successful, audience-focused work.
- A progressive understanding of the ways that readers engage with content on social, search, and mobile platforms.