TITLE: Material Storage Specialist (8149FM)
LOCATION: 777 Brook Street, Rocky Hill, Connecticut
SALARY: $50,131 - $65,466 Annual/$24.01 - $31.35 Hourly (hires new to state service start at the minimum rate)
The Connecticut Lottery Corporation (CLC) is a quasi-public agency of the State of Connecticut. With a team of nearly 140 employees, we partner with over 2,800 retailers to sell our tickets statewide. With a strong focus on responsible gambling, we have achieved over $1 billion in sales and returned over $400 million to the state’s general fund last year alone.
We are recruiting for a Material Storage Specialist. Working in warehouse operations, this individual is responsible for:
- receives and issues stock and maintains records of receipts, requisitions, and stock on hand;
- arranges stock in planned fashion, with due account taken of age, accessibility, safety and security;
- clarifies amount and condition of stock on hand and reports all discrepancies or need for replenishment;
- verifies quantity and quality of incoming supplies against invoices, dray bills, bills of lading and orders;
- makes purchases of equipment or supplies as necessary;
- maintains housekeeping and security of stores area; takes required inventory of materials and supplies;
- codes and inventories furniture and equipment;
- operates material handling equipment and motor vehicles as assigned;
- may enter data into a computer;
- performs related duties as required
Experience and Qualifications: Knowledge of requisitioning, handling, storing and issuing of materials and supplies; knowledge of safe and efficient warehousing practices including purchasing; some interpersonal skills; some oral and written communication skills; ability to keep accurate stock records and inventories; ability to utilize computer software.
Two (2) years of experience in stock or warehouse work or closely related work that could reasonably be expected to provide the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above. One (1) year of the General Experience must have involved the full range of stores duties, including receiving, storing, issuing, inventorying, inspecting, etc. Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted at or above the level of Storekeeper.
You may be required to possess and retain appropriate current licenses, permits and/or certifications. One year of supervisory experience is preferred.
Physical Requirements: Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, agility to reach, bend, twist, pull and lift heavy items, stand for extended periods, visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to successfully perform the duties.
Interested candidates must submit a CLC application, cover letter and resume to be considered. Only those applications received by Friday, February 24, 2023 close of business will be considered. Offer of employment is subject to licensing and other applicable policies.
The Connecticut Lottery Corporation (CLC) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that does not tolerate unlawful discrimination or harassment. The CLC follows all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,131.00 - $65,466.00 per year