Generation Bio is a biotechnology company developing a breakthrough class of genetic medicines to enable a new generation of people to live unaffected by inherited disease. The company’s therapies are based on its proprietary ceDNA technology, which delivers durable, high levels of gene expression and can be re-dosed to titrate to effect and to sustain impact over a lifetime.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Our process is transparent and supportive because that's the only way great things happen. We work hard. We share a lot. We make mistakes. We move on. We learn a lot every day. We laugh a lot every day.
Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Delve further. Please visit www.generationbio.com or follow @lifetimegenetx.
Generation Bio is growing, and we are looking for a Director of People Operations and Benefits. The Director of People Operations and Benefits will be joining a dynamic, learning organization and helping grow an HR team where you will help us cultivate an environment where our people will thrive. The Director will play an important role in ensuring a positive experience throughout the employee life cycle by developing the best programs, processes and systems to support our people. Reporting to the Head of HR, you will be responsible for the overall management, design, communications, administration and compliance of our employee benefits, recognition and compensation programs for Generation Bio.
- Contribute to the development and expansion of our People Practices that enables a customer-centric employee experience.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership in creating and maintaining cutting-edge benefits, recognition and compensation solutions and offerings.
- Plan and direct the development and implementation of employee benefit programs including health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, employee assistance, compensation programs, retirement and leave of absence plans.
- Oversee all People Operations activities including on-boarding and off-boarding of employees, and other employee life-cycle related programs.
- Benchmark compensation bi-annually to ensure fair and competitive compensation (currently in partnership with Radford).
- Lead the annual increase and bonus payout processes.
- Provide insight and counsel on total compensation offers and internal promotions.
- Implement process and technology efficiencies to ensure highly accurate, compliant and efficient People Practices.
- Ensure high-quality HR data management and provide reports, documentation and filings in compliance with regulations.
- Collaborate with colleagues within HR, finance, legal, IT, facilities and across the organization to ensure our people have a seamless experience.,
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience with 3+ years of relevant experience managing operations and benefits programs.
- Trusted and collaborative confidante who provides feedback and insight to help cultivate a dynamic, learning organization.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to appropriately navigate multi-faceted and complex issues.
- Considers broad and long-range impact of decisions when responding to business needs.
- Anticipates and proactively manages key internal and external business challenges, offering several solutions with long term benefits.
- Looks at their work with a strategic, global and future oriented perspective.
- Purpose-driven individual with strong levels of perseverance; works toward both individual and team goals.
- High leadership, management and self-awareness capabilities.
- Strong communicator and excellent influencer with ability to flex approach as needed to drive solutions.
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others.
- Required to understand and stay informed of legal regulations related to HR.
- Experience in high-growth/fast paced environment preferred.
- Prior experience in biotech/pharma strongly preferred.
Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law