Job Title: Oracle DBA
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Duration: 12 Months
- Analyzes database requirements of the user department, applications programming and operations.
- Submits recommendations for solutions that require definition of the physical structure and functional capabilities of databases and require data security and data backup and recovery specifications.
- Proposes detailed specifications and flowcharts and coordinates installation of revised or new database systems.
- Creates schemas and sub-schemas in consultation with application project team.
- Sets up and performs backup and recovery procedures.
- Works with Data Administrator, or appropriate staff, to identify and transform business requirements into logical data models.
- Converts logical data models into physical databases.
- Performs monitoring and tuning for performance.
- Analyzes results in order to implement enhancements to the system.
- Performs monitoring and tuning for storage management. Analyzes results in order to plan for capacity in the future.
- Develops transaction logging and security features.
- Understands and uses normalization methods and design methodologies.
- Provides database assistance and problem support to application developers, business analysts and business users.
- Conducts research and prepares recommendations for database tools, software, or hardware requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of multiple relevant operating systems.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience.
Minimum of 5 years professional experience with 2 years database experience or equivalent.
Extensive knowledge of database operating systems, specifically DB2 LUW.
- 5+ years of experience in performance tuning and production support on retirement applications
- Hands on experience with Linux, UNIX and Window Operating Systems.
- Current DBA Certification in related area such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server preferred.
- Strong SQL Server and DB2Z background.
Job Type: Contract
- Oracle database administrator in 24/7 mission critical envir: 5 years (Required)
- GoldenGate: 1 year (Required)
- Jersey City, NJ (Required)