Carpe Diem Academy has an opportunity available for a Lead Physical Therapist working exclusively with children of the special needs community to join our team. If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to fill your passion for supporting children on an every day basis then this is a unique opportunity to treat patients in a child friendly, state of the art clinic and private school setting.
As the PT of Carpe Diem Academy you will treat children ages 3 to 22 years old. The Lead Physical Therapist will be expected to work closely with other Therapists and Teachers to produce the best individualized programs for each student's and client's needs. As Lead Therapists you will join the Lead Team and be responsible for participation in meetings, events and other opportunities not limited to typical Therapy Clinic atmospheres.
What we have to offer:
We are seeking Full Time, Part Time, Per Diem Applicants with Sign-on Bonus**
- We value our employees and invest in their training and mentor ship
- Direct patient care and one on one opportunity for full experience
- Competitive Health Benefits Opportunities
- Paid Time Off Personal, Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Salaries
- Experience with a Clinic that has been established in South Florida since 2005
- Licensed PT
- Valid Drivers License
- Compliant with federal, state and local legal and certification requirements
- Current BCLS (CPR) certification
- Medicaid Provider ID (Preferred)
- Private Insurance Credentialing (Preferred)
- Any special certifications (NDT, Kineseo-taping, etc.) ( Preferred) (Please advise in cover page/message)
- Meet the patients goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription
- Promotes maximum independence by selecting and constructing therapies according to individuals physical capacity, intelligence level and interest
- Adhere to deadlines of daily documentation of patient progress towards meeting the established objectives, progress reports, assessment reports and discharge reports, authorization dates/timeline for evaluations and re-evaluations
- Assist in providing parent education and communication
- Helps patient develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to disabilities by implementing programs for daily living
- Performs and documents initial and ongoing assessments of patient's condition.
- Designs and implements a plan of care which is appropriate to issues identified, required frequency of treatments, and involves the patient/family.
- Educates and counsels patients and families regarding treatment plans and progress. Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support resources.
- Supervises activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Commission
- Pediatric: 1 year (Required)
- Physical Therapy: 2 years (Required)
- Medicaid/AppleCare Provider: I am currently acquiring this license/certification and it will be complete in the next 30 days (Required)
- CPR/First Aid: I am currently acquiring this license/certification and it will be complete in the next 30 days (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Home Visit
- Private Practice