Opportunities in the Greater New Orleans area for Project - Mechanical Engineers supporting onsite engineering teams. The successful candidate must possess a BS in Mechanical Engineering and have brownfield project execution experience. The required experience range is 10+ years in an operating refinery or chemical plant environment. Long term direct hire full benefits.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience as a Discipline Engineer/Project Engineer.
- Capital Project experience in a Refinery or Chemical manufacturing complex required.
- Capital Project experience using a gated work process for project advancement and authorization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Project Engineer has the primary responsibility for execution of Capital Projects from front end development to detailed design and construction including procurement, cost control and schedule management.
- Accountable for delivering projects safely
- Develops project scopes in collaboration with operations, process engineering and discipline representatives.
- Facilitates project meetings to develop and review project scope, design criteria and discipline drawings.
- Oversees engineering execution utilizing either on-site design staff or local Engineering companies.
- Drives the approval by the appropriate technical authority of equipment specification and drawings.
- Accountable for meeting project cost and schedule requirements
- Maintains budgets and schedule forecast with assistance from project controls.
- Assists with development of equipment and material bid specification, bid evaluation and selection.
- Coordinates Owner personnel and Contractors to assure that field activities are completed safely, on time, within budget and in accordance with the design requirements.
- Assist with start-up plans and procedures, provides technical support during start-up, supports training activities.
- Provides appropriate files to maintenance and operations for record keeping
- Creates or assembles all documents for project closure
- Closes project financial accounts
- Project Management (design through installation)
- HVAC system design & installation
- General construction (oversee design & construction of building repairs)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $115,000.00 to $175,000.00 /year
- Mechanical Engineering: 10 years