The Customer Care Supervisor directs the daily operations of a high-volume call center and manages the support for the energy programs, including scheduling and customer service. This individual will also be responsible for metrics and reporting.
1. Manage and supervise the day to day operations of the customer care center to ensure smooth workflow and achievement of program goals.
2. Responsible for appointment schedule and workload distribution for customer care center representatives to ensure high utilizing rate and high-quality service.
3. Handle escalated calls, complaints and questions from internal and external customer (utilities) with a sense of urgency and bring to a positive resolution.
4. Manage and create an environment of continuous learning with employees by conducting weekly employee meetings as well as give constant interactive feedback to the team.
5. Manage, coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff is performing effectively and at their highest potential to achieve program goals and grow the organization. This includes interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring and directing work.
6. Motivate employees through formal/informal coaching training initiatives, succession management, incentive programs, and career development opportunities.
7. Create and implement a customer service strategy that is aligned with organizational goals and focused on the customer experience. Implement change to increase the level of customer satisfaction and correct deficiencies.
8. Maintain in depth understanding of company technology, products and services. Plan and manage tasks related to the customer care center environment that includes continual monitoring of customer care center performance to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
9. Ensure key performance indicators and business objectives are achieved by utilizing IT infrastructure systems and reporting.
10. Set goals, standards, metrics and benchmarks that evaluate individual employee performance as well as compliance with client requirements. Understand and benchmark industry standards. Provide ongoing operational analysis of call center operations, advance planning and scheduling while identifying opportunities to improve staff utilization and KPI’s (i.e., cost per call, cost per representative, service level, volume, etc.)
11. Create initiatives to increase team motivation and performance.
12. Ensure inbound and outbound calls are performed in a timely and knowledgeable manner and appointment schedules are completed on time. Ensure accuracy of call activity, data input, and results.
13. Improves quality results by recommending changes.
14. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
15. Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
16. Prepares daily, weekly, monthly statistical reporting to measure performance quality, as well as analyze data for continual process and performance improvements.
17. Ensure that work is conducted in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. 5+ years demonstrated supervisory experience, preferably in a production oriented or customer service environment.
3. Strong supervision skills to lead, direct, coach and mentor. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
4. Prior customer service experience.
5. Ability to train, coach and mentor representatives.
6. Knowledge of customer service best practices, systems and technology.
7. Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary.
8. Ability to collaborate with Senior Leadership on all topics related to program data, including the ability to obtain consensus, approval and manage projects through to implementation.
9. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
10. Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
11. Although this position is based in one office, travel to other offices may be required.
12. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate Excel skills.
13. Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $64,000.00 /year
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance