DarkMatter is looking for a VP - Linux OS Systems Engineer based in the UAE to lead Advance Research Operating System development in Edge Computing Secure Communications domain to drive end-to-end security architecture. This includes clients that could be smart IoT devices or mobile devices to cloud at the other end of the network. The person would work across the organization in collaboration with the key business groups stakeholders to ensure that our research goals and schedules are well aligned. The ideal candidate will have preferably demonstrated prior experience in leading hardware and/or software strategy and development projects. He or she should have a good understanding of systems architecture, security, network, wireless, IOT, machine learning and compute technologies. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to challenges, and develop proofs of concepts that can be quickly productized. The successful candidate will interact with engineering teams, operations, IT, legal, marketing, procurement and other resources inside and outside DarkMatter.
- Understand use cases and customer requirements for secure communications and develop a secure solution working with the cross-functional teams.
- Develop proof of concepts of new solution working with the teams.
- Develop and drive the vision of Operating Systems solution for future Darkmatter potential products
- Close collaboration with Research and Development teams
- Excellent communicator of Vision to internal and external audiences through presentations and technical papers
- Have the ability to appropriately prioritize and drive issues to closure/resolution keeping the big picture in sight at all times
- Must be a disciplined organizer and ready to work with highly skilled engineering teams in order to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and quality of the product.
- Must be at ease leading and working with distributed teams, ODMs, contractors across multiple geographies and time zones
- Collaborate across the organization to manage dependencies.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove impediments.
- Communicate project status, deployment milestones/timelines, schedules, risks, expectations, timelines/milestones, team velocity and other key project metrics to multiple audiences (executive management, project team, clients, key stakeholders, etc.)
- Setup and drive Operating system research with Universities and standards in collaboration with Industry.
Education and Experience
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, electrical engineering, related field and at least 10 years' experience in Operating Systems and Frameworks
- Has led some groundbreaking work in Linux (inc. Android) Operating System
- Led proof of concept development and transfer of technology to product teams
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills (verbal/written), collaboration, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence with a prevailing positive approach.
- Able to build strong partnerships across the organization to deliver the best outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to learn and leverage technical knowledge to effectively guide strategy, development, and teams.