Company ProfileMorgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) provides independent oversight of the Firm’s credit risks and acts as the guardian of the Firm’s capital. (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects or modifies them based on their overall risk profile and the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing or mitigating credit risk. CRM assigns Internal Credit Ratings which quantify the level of risk; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; and monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
The Large Corporate credit group provides independent credit analysis in support of Morgan Stanley’s lending and sales and trading business with large commercial and industrial clients. The group provides independent credit analysis and rating across the institutional products business, including Strategic M&A, Leveraged Lending, and sales and trading clients.
Vice Presidents in the Large Corporate Credit group provide senior analysis of credit requests from Morgan Stanley’s new and existing clients with a focus on leveraged lending. Working with analysts and associates, Vice Presidents are responsible for the timely and comprehensive completion of credit analysis supporting loan requests, managing the relationship with the business unit, and presenting and defending credit recommendations to senior CRM management. Vice Presidents also oversee the monitoring of the portfolio of existing clients within their industry coverage area.
- Lead in analyzing credit requests from new and existing large commercial and industrial clients
- Provide senior CRM officers with credit recommendations on loan transactions with focus on leveraged lending
- Work with the business to find constructive solutions to credit issues
- Ensure credit team receives information necessary to complete transaction analysis
- Oversee analysis and documentation of credit decisions including credit memos, financial forecasts, and credit risk rating models
- Monitor portfolio of existing credits for warning signs of potential deterioration of credit profile
- Maintain an active view of single name, sector, and industry trends and communicate with senior CRM management and onsite regulatory team
- Perform additional ad-hoc assignments upon request
- 7-10 years of experience in a credit role at a bank
- Experience with leveraged lending is a plus
- Excellent analytical and numerical competency to quickly and accurately assess complex information
- Strong verbal and oral communications skills to condense and articulate complicated ideas and findings clearly and succinctly
- Ability to work under pressure managing multiple time-sensitive deliverables
- Experience training and managing junior talent
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, MBA or CFA Charter Holder preferred