Under direction of Home & Villa Maintenance Manager, Facility Maintenance Manager and Director of Facility Services, performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of buildings, rental villas and homes, facilities, and equipment. Assists and exicutes preventative maintenance programs. Holiday, evening, and weekend work will be required. Perform related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Perform general repair maintenance and preventative maintenance,such as:
- Ability to learn complex lighting, HVAC, and sound control system.
- Replacing faucets, ice makers, toilets and dishwashers.
- Troubleshoot electrical light fixtures, switches, and receptacles, exhaust fans, ceiling fans, water heaters and other appliances.
- Troubleshoot windows and doors includingscreen door track mechanisms, checking and repairing locks, repair hinges, capable of patching drywall and towel holders.
- Troubleshooting HVAC and analyze if it is simple items such as tripped breaker or if Service Company needs to be contacted.
General Maintenance, Repair of Buildings, Facilities, Equipment and Grounds
- Ensures that buildings and equipment are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition in accordance with health and fire regulations.
- Maintains maintenance inventory records and files; prepares reports; monitors maintenance schedules to assure tasks are performed in a timely manner.
- Repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, stairways, and carpets.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and adjusts locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets; repairs door hinges; cleans plugged key slots.
- Maintains hand and power tools in working condition; maintains and services kitchen and emergency equipment; installs fire extinguishers and maintains a service schedule.
- Contacts supervisor to arrange with appropriate outside agencies to schedule inspections, and moves or arranges for moving of furniture and equipment to requested site; performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Electrical: Performs electrical repair work in wiring for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, power circuits and appliances; repairs lighting systems; inspects electrical systems for unsafe conditions; maintains and regularly tests working condition of safety equipment including fire alarm and emergency lighting.
- Plumbing/Painting: Identifies plumbing problems; repairs and maintains plumbing leaks or breaks above and below ground; repairs and maintains appropriate functioning systems including sewer/supply lines and drains and fire sprinkler and suppression systems; replaces washers and other minor parts; maintains all underground water lines; maintains drinking fountains; repairs, replaces and maintains hot water heaters.
- Applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish or stain; repairs wall coverings.
REQUIRED SKILLS DETAILS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be available to work afternoons, evenings, nights, and weekends.
General carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical knowledge and repair abilities. Computer skills including knowledge of Excel, Outlook, graphing techniques, Word, and capable of learning energy monitoring systems including Energy Star. Employee needs to maintain clean appearance with well-trimmed facial hair and well maintained clothing.
Methods used in maintenance including basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, HVAC, painting, masonry, appliance repair, and electrical wiring; standard practices and tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities; safety practices and procedures related to the building trades; basic math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Various computer programs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Use a variety of hand tools and equipment; communicate effectively in both oral and written form; receive and give instructions, and prepare work orders and reports; measure distance and calculate quantities; read blueprints.
- Review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors; maintain files and inventory records of supplies; set priorities; coordinate several projects simultaneously; plan and coordinate work schedules.
- Assist in planning and directing the work of other employees that arrive on previous and following shifts.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and rental guests.
- Possession of a valid South Carolina driver's license.
- Ability to work afternoons, evenings, nights and weekends is required.
- Willingness to work outside (if necessary) in inclement weather.
- Maintain appearance and able to interact with guest and inform them of activities that are going on within the resort.
None; however, may give direction and monitor work of other staff and contractors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described, including progressively responsible experience in building maintenance and repair and/or building trades.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS :
Valid Driver's License
Various certifications in these areas are beneficial but not required.
LOCATION, POSITION TYPE AND SALARY DETAILS
JOB LOCATION :
Home & Villa Maintenance
COMPANY LOCATION :
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
POSITION TYPE :
Full Time/ Regular
Part-Time also available
Commensurate with experience