We are looking for a reliable Assistant Controller to record accurate accounting details for multiple divisions that lead to good financial reporting and analysis. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems to promote efficiency and accuracy. An effective assistant controller has good knowledge of accounting principles. You must be an organized professional with a great eye for detail. You must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively. The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to the CFO.
- Entry of A/R, Billing, A/P, Cash, Job Costing, Payroll.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements.
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Participate in preparation for audits (sales, insurance, revenue).
- Telephone communication with customers regarding all departments.
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records and support personnel with with troubleshooting.
- Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software ( Evosus is our software)
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible