MP Materials owns and operates Mountain Pass, the only Rare Earth mining and
processing site in North America. Rare Earths power the modern economy. They are
essential components in a wide range of industrial, clean energy and information technology applications.
Reporting to the CFO, the I.T. Director will provide management, oversight and strategy for all aspects of MP Materials information technology operations and infrastructure. This position will work closely with senior management to define requirements for technical solutions delivery. The I.T. Director will be responsible for evaluating and continually improving the performance, stability and security of MP Materials’ technology operations.
Responsibilities will include management, supervision and work direction for MP Material’s outsourced technology vendors; including helpdesk, sysadmin, and SCADA network support and engineering personnel. Additionally, this position will be responsible for developing processes and policies to maintain the integrity of the MP Materials user operating environment.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance, support and enhancement of MP Materials I.T. environment.
- Provide management and administration of the SAP S4 Hana cloud instance for MP Materials. Provide direction and oversight for third-party SAP consulting resources
- Provide supervision of outsourced I.T. personnel to ensure the performance, stability and security of the network, servers, endpoints, services and applications.
- Establish change control protocols to ensure the integrity and availability of critical systems
- Promote excellent customer service, effective response times and provide expert insights into technology issues. Enforce service level agreements for completing services and overall customer satisfaction
- Provide oversight and direction to outsourced SCADA engineering firm. Ensure all technical work associated with SCADA components adhere to MP Materials technical and security standards
- Develop and maintain thorough written documentation for all system standards and procedures.
- Coordinate periodic I.T. staff and personnel training.
- Manage all third-party vendor relationships including contract management, negotiation, and vendor due diligence as necessary
- Research, evaluate, test and deploy technology solutions to meet the requirements of business stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and trends to assist the business in identifying best of breed solutions to address business needs
- Provide governance and oversight for all aspects of physical, application and data access, ensuring that appropriate controls are always implemented to limit access to appropriate personnel
- Maintain a cybersecurity program to protect MP Materials infrastructure from threats (internal and external)
- Manage budget and expense forecasting; provide regular budgetary reporting to the CFO
- Evaluate and maintain the company’s disaster recovery capability, including periodic testing and development to ensure continuity of critical I.T. functions in the event of an emergency
- Provide technical escalation and intervention as required
- Develop project plans and schedules. Supervise the implementation of projects through the complete project life-cycle
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role in a corporate, industrial or comparable I.T. environment
- 5+ years’ experience with I.T. infrastructure architecture/design responsibilities including building and optimizing LAN/WAN, server and desktop environments
- 3+ years’ experience building, supervising and developing technical teams, including third parties
- Familiarity with SAP (preferably S4 HANA Public Cloud) deployments, management, administration, data integration and workflow automation
- Extensive I.T. project management experience
- Experience with business process automation and straight through processing initiatives
- Strong grasp of identity control, and data governance principles
- Experience procuring and managing telco voice and data circuits and services
- Working familiarity with “cloud” based infrastructure and services (Office 365, Microsoft Azure, AWS)
- Familiarity with SAP deployments, data integration and workflow automation
- Experience managing and deploying secure I.T. infrastructure based on industry standard security frameworks (ISO/IEC 27000, NIST)
- Experience managing and supporting SCADA or similar Industrial Control System environments
- Working knowledge of datacenter design including power distribution and low voltage data cabling design concepts
- Able to identify, prioritize, and solve complex problems
- Able to work in a fast-paced complex and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience deploying, maintaining and supporting the following technologies:
- Office 365
- Email filtering and security solutions (Mimecast, Barracuda, IronPort, Proofpoint, etc)
- Patch Management (WSUS, SCCM, etc.)
- Active Directory/Group Policy
- Server Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.)
- Firewall administration and policy management – Cisco/SonicWall, etc.
- Endpoint protection
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and above
- Microsoft Windows 7 and above
- Switching and Routing (Cisco)
- Backup and Data Protection (Symantec, Veeam, ArcServe, etc.)
- Wireless networking
- VOIP Telephony solutions
- Syslog and SIEM products
- Scripting Python, Powershell, etc.
- Windows Operating system deployment (MDT, WDS, SCCM)
- Mobile Device Management
- IaaS (AWS, MS Azure)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business-related discipline preferred
- Industry certifications demonstrating networking and computing acumen desired (CCNA, MCSE, VCP, etc.)
- Industry standard Cybersecurity Certifications highly desired (CISSP, CISM, GSEC)
Job Type: Full-time
- leadership: 5 years (Required)
- IT Infrastructure architecture / design: 5 years (Required)
- building, supervising and developing technical teams: 3 years (Required)
- industry (Preferred)
- drivers (Required)