We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Identifies initiatives and projects and automate processes through effective system management to improve legal team efficiency, simplicity, speed and productivity and better inform decision-making.
- Adopts and supports new tools and technology to optimize legal efficiency and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Develops metrics/dashboards and designed business intelligence systems to monitor performance against goals and targets.
- Assists with strategic cross-departmental and cross-functional projects to achieve key legal initiatives and departmental goals.
- Assists with various workstreams for department technology initiatives including contract management, book of knowledge management, corporate governance management and others.
- Supports programs that optimize sharing and collaboration across the department.
- Assists with document preparation and management for the legal department.
- Has full ownership for updating and maintaining all legal file management.
- Develops and coordinates the roll-out of periodic employee trainings on relevant legal topics/systems
- Conducts research and analytical studies on a variety of programs and issues; formulates reports.
- Manages projects from their assignment through implementation.
- Confers with other departments, consultants, and outside counsel.
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements best practices to increase Legal team efficiency.
- Assists with Information Governance initiatives and projects.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Legal Studies or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in an in-house Law Department (preferred).
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Highly proficient with spreadsheet software, MS Outlook, Riskonnect, project management, information governance and contract management tools.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Problem-solving skills.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.