The Software Developer has three years’ experience utilizing LabVIEW software to develop automation programs. Responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in software releases. Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and systems involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. Experience is preferred in working with hardware and software operations as well as working with remote personnel to resolve issues.
- Expertise in one or more programming language is required. Specifically of interest are LabVIEW and Python.
- Knowledgeable of graphical programming languages.
- Develop, maintain and update testing software supporting automated testing systems using LabVIEW software. Regularly employ creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve objectives.
- Signal processing knowledge desired.
- Initiate and execute the development of automated test and inspection platforms including hardware and software
- Recommend and implement approved improvements to the test systems
- Responsible for developing solutions to technical issues and problems that are undefined and complex and impact multiple areas or disciplines.
- Establish and update documents for test platforms and automated test procedures for T&I personnel use world-wide
- Develop automated system training materials as necessary
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Support software configuration management systems and coordinate efforts among the development team
- Requires advanced knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Knowledgeable of electronics and electrical engineering principals (Voltage, current, RF).
- Knowledgeable of commercial test equipment from Agilent, Keysight, HP, Tektronix and National Instruments including power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, counters, power meters, signal & waveform generators, electronic loads and audio, noise, signal, modulation and power analyzers
- Troubleshoot system and equipment problems and provide technical solutions to automated test and inspection issues
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas, the contract PM and customer team members. Also communicates with external parties such as sub-contractors, mission partners and vendors. Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
Bachelors of Science degree or higher and 8+ years of programming/architecture experience.
TS/SCI with polygraph
1 year plus experience/training in the operation of electronic devices such as transmitters, receivers, power supplies, and audio/video recorders.
1 year plus experience in maintaining automated testing systems
1 year plus experience with commercially utilized test equipment from Agilent, Keysight, National Instruments, Tektronix, Audio Precision and Ametek
3 years utilizing National Instruments LabVIEW software.
Demonstrate strong written/verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills including willingness and ability to document and share information.
Able to work well in a team environment and as an individual contributor.
Microsoft Office, Outlook, Visio
Certified LabVIEW Developer or Certified LabVIEW Architect
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.