COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042:
Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers. Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
The successful candidate will join a diverse Production Control team at RMS Mitchel Field, and support Trident Navigation program and initiatives. This position will require the individual to perform the following responsibilities:
- Review project material requirements and schedule with Engineering to help determine economic order quantities and points of order per lead time
- Assist material planner and Engineering team with placements of material purchase requisitions
- Track and manage received material, WIP, repairs, returns and outbound shipments
- Manage and maintain staging area, inventory controlled stock rooms and material distribution database to peak audit conditions
- Coordinate and support material inspections of contract end-item deliverables with internal quality team and US Navy Customer
- Work closely with Management, Engineering, and Quality to ensure project deliverables are achieved per baselined schedules and provide status through completion
- Facilitate and support project specific and departmental meetings
- Perform material submittals for contract end-item deliverables and maintain organized records of US Government signed documentation post sell off event
- Coordinate, prepare and complete outbound shipments in accordance with project and contract schedules
- Support and participate in internal and external audits
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities for existing procedures and departmental operations
- Associates degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience / combined education, with 2 years of professional experience
- Experienced in tracking received material, WIP, inventory control and distribution
- Familiar with performing transactions in a MRP system (P2P and SAP preferred)
- Proficient knowledge in database systems and data analytics
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of material data, and effectively communicate key takeaways to management and other functions
- Demonstrated attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to cooperate professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders is a must
- Ability to be agile and accommodate changing priorities daily
- Familiar with Microsoft Basic Tools: Including SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Job requires the ability to obtain and maintain
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on schedule with minimal oversight
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills (VLOOKUP's, pivot tables, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Ability to interpret technical documents such as bill of materials and drawing parts list
- Knowledge of lean operations principles
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.