Chamberlin + Associates is hiring for maintenance technicians throughout the valley.
Performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, Amenities, and common areas of the property meet the company’s standards or cleanliness, appearance, safety and overall functionality by preforming maintenance-related tasks.
- Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
- Completes the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed
- Responsible for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the community’s grounds, amenities, building exteriors, market ready unit interiors, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community and Chamberlin + Associates standards.
- Follows procedures for assessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools and other items from the property’s maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location and notifying the service supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Completed documentation and other paperwork in a timely, accurate and complete fashion so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
- Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure- washing breezeways and pool areas, preforming general cleaning, painting curbs and signage as needed.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- May periodically inspect work preformed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services to meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
- Complies with Chamberlin + Associates safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrates customer service skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Assists in conducting routine and periodic property inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns about the physical needs of the property to management.
Job Type: Full-time
- electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- HVAC Certification (Preferred)
- CPO (Preferred)