Energy Transfer Partners is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. In total, the Company owns and operates approximately 62,500 miles of natural gas, crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipelines, terminals, and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and refined products.
The Sr. Pipeline Integrity Engineer reports to the Sr. Manager of Intrastate Pipeline Integrity. This position involves a diverse involvement in various aspects of the company’s business related to pipeline integrity, defect evaluations, and operations. This position requires travel to field locations and regulatory agencies.
- Provides technical support for Integrity Engineers, Specialists, Project Managers, and Operations with pipeline assessments, evaluation, and repair methods.
- Performs root cause failure investigations on pipeline failures and develops programs for preventing future failures.
- Assists with communication and management of PHMSA remedial work plans, regulatory interaction, and related activities.
- Assists in the execution and management of the company Integrity Management Plan including the written plan, procedures, best practices, positions, and processes.
- Assists in the management of Company pipeline SOPs covering defect evaluations, pipe repairs, pressure reductions, coupling reinforcements, outside force evaluation, and surveillance.
- Assists in management of the Company’s SCC testing program and overall crack management program.
- Keep up-to-date on latest proposed federal pipeline regulations and recommend changes to company SOPs operating practices and programs.
- Evaluates Pipeline Integrity related data and performance metrics and maintains reports and monitoring of key performance indicators.
- Bachelor degree Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum engineering including10 + years’ experience in pipeline operations, pipeline design, pipeline repair and pipeline integrity issues such as corrosion control, pipeline assessment and fitness for service evaluation, risk management, DOT Code requirements and compliance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivator, ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision.
- Solid computer skills utilizing MS Office Suites (Word, Excel & Power Point) and familiarity with various management systems.
- Hydrostatic testing knowledge; exceptional computer skills
- 5+ years’ pipeline experience; Risk, Corrosion and Integrity Engineering background.
- In-line inspection experience; proficiency with all ILI vendor evaluation software and tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Houston, Texas, United States