- Coordinates the development, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing regimen for residents by implementing the nursing process through assessment, care planning, implementation of care and evaluation of care and evaluation of outcomes for all residents on the assigned units; responsible for overall management of unit of all shifts
- Collaborates with nursing team members to evaluate the effectiveness of nursing care.
- Coordinates completion MDS 3.0 assessment tool for each resident on the unit.
- Assists in coordinating the development and maintenance of a system of peer review for nursing personnel by: a) Directing, counseling and administering disciplinary action to nursing staff when appropriate.b) Evaluating nursing staff at appropriate intervals.
- Assists in coordinating the development, maintenance, and interpretation of standards of nursing practice by: a) Acting as a skilled resource person and role model for staff members.b) Reviewing/ auditing medical records on a regular basis to assure quality documentation.c) Identifying staff needs for education and planning and presenting appropriate formal and informal educational programs. d) Follows up with unit-based Quality Improvement Activities.
- Participates in problem identification and solutions to improve key processes/systems/ resident care.
- Develops pertinent records needed for efficient operation of the unit.
- Follows all Infection Control guidelines.
- Keeps accurate records for narcotics and controlled drugs according to regulation.
- Is responsible for carrying out policies designed to ensure that each resident receives treatments, medications, and diet as prescribed, and rehabilitative nursing care as needed.
- Serves on committee as assigned by the Director of Nursing/ADNS.
- Directs and supervises staff nurses and CNA's in providing resident care.
- Responds appropriately in emergency/crisis situations; remains calm and following appropriate procedures.
- Communicates activities on a regular basis with DNS/ADNS and notifies appropriate parties of problems, concerns or unusual occurrences.
- Initiates and maintains a system of communication with staff regarding problems.
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel to the unit, becomes aware of their specific needs and plans cooperatively with Director of Inservice to meet their needs.
- Makes calls to physicians, administration, families, etc., with information concerning the residents as required.
- Demonstrates a sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Performs other duties as appropriate when assigned by the DNS/ADNS
- Relieves 7-3 Shift Supervisor when necessary per direction of DNS/ADNS
- Prepares work schedule and assigns duties to nursing staff in department for efficient use of personnel.
- Monitors use of supplies and equipment to avoid abuses and requisitions supplies.
- Responds to various departments requesting emergency assistance and assigns staff accordingly during emergencies.
- Identifies problem areas in nursing department, such as under staffing, absenteeism, and wastefulness, and takes corrective action.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37.00 to $45.00 /hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- registered nurse: 1 year (Required)
- Long Term Care: 1 year (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative