The primary responsibility of this position is to safely and efficiently package quality products in a manner that is consistent with HP Hood LLC standards.
Schedule: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat. Off on Sun & Wed.
Shift: 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM; Sat 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Pay Range: $20.39 - $25.74
- Perform all tasks and functions related to operating and cleaning filling equipment.
- Operate and clean multiple high-speed filling machines in a sanitary, efficient, and effective manner.
- Complete paperwork as per government regulations and HP Hood requirements.
- Safely operate all assigned equipment following JHA requirements.
- Consistently meet production quotas.
- Comply with all policies and guidelines outlined for production and sanitation processes.
- Participate in cross-training efforts to maximize departmental efficiency.
- Maintain weights, codes, packaging, temperature levels and sanitizing to ensure quality products.
- Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors and peers.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Must be able to adapt to changing production schedules as necessary.
- Execute assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Available for required overtime to support business needs and/or critical situations.
- Perform assigned duties satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
- Perform assigned duties following "Good Manufacturing Practices.”
- Actively participate in special teams representing the production department.
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Reading & writing proficiency (English language) and ability to identify colors.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Multi-tasked individual.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to move at a quick pace. Frequently
- Standing: Long periods (up to 8 hours).
- Sitting: Rarely.
- Walking: Frequently.
- Bending, Twisting & Stretching: Occasional.
- Lifting: Heavy (up to 50 lbs): Occasional.
- Climbing: Ladders to make connections and add packaging materials. Occasional.
- Pushing/Pulling: moving pallets of paper up to 200 lbs. Stock packaging materials: Occasional.
- Environment: Wet and dry, temperature variations from 50 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Floors are wet and occasionally slippery due to product spills and cleaning process (slip resistant footwear is required). Constant
- Use of chemicals: Occasional.
- Noise: Moderate to heavy (hearing protection is required). Constant.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.39 - $25.74 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location