Ready to launch a new career?
We are looking for seasoned sales professionals to join our team. For the right candidate, this is a very lucrative and fulfilling position. Your job is to know the products and speak to the customers need - they’re ready to buy, they just need someone with the knowledge and credibility to guide them. Our best associates have diversified their income by working with Designers, Contractors, Architects, etc, as well as working with customers visiting our showrooms.
Airport Home Appliance is the largest independent appliance retailer in Northern California, and our showrooms are busier than ever. Our team is motivated, enthusiastic, and understand the importance of customer service. If this sounds like you - let’s talk!
Many of our Sales Associates have made a lifelong career in premium appliance sales. Are you ready to start yours?
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-10 years relevant job experience in Retail Sales, Wholesale or Contract Sales
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be comfortable using a computer to email customers, and use the internet to research or access vendor portals
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work full-time
- Highly enthusiastic with a desire and commitment to achieve both personal and - professional goals
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays. (These are the most lucrative days for you too!)
- Bilingual/Multilingual is a plus
- Previous sales experience in appliances, furniture, construction, and residential sales a plus
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Highly Competitive Pay: Base plus commission plus manufacturer spiff compensation; $120,000 - $200,000+ total for top producers
- Comprehensive Training Programs: Paid training plus you’ll have access to a wealth of learning resources from manufacturers/vendors including many online resources
- Comprehensive Benefits: Plans include health, dental & vision insurance, vacation time, 401K and Employee Purchase Discount Programs from Airport or many other vendors and partners
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on respecting and embracing differences because that’s how we all help each other perform better and improve company culture
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of our company gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple potential career paths within Airport Appliance.
- Use excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to interact with customers and staff
- Provide exceptional customer service, with a positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize customer satisfaction
- Accurately and carefully manage customer expectations, and avoid over-promising outcomes to customers that are not reasonable
- Qualify customer needs for delivery, including an assessment of customers home and road access by asking the customer qualifying questions and utilizing online mapping tools
- Consult with and ensure customers are selecting a product/service that will meet their needs, and fit in their home with proper utility hookups
- Maintain contact with customers until their purchase is delivered, and follow-up with customers after the sale to ensure they are satisfied with their purchase
- Answer phone calls to the store in a timely and professional manner while providing excellent customer service with a cheerful demeanor to all callers
- Be on-time, punctual, and always conduct oneself in a professional manner
- Be a team player and support your colleagues through positive interactions and a can-do attitude
- Stay up to date on the weekly Plan To Sell list, which outlines the product that is profitable for the company, pays you the most, and is the best deal for our customers
- Maintain your knowledge of the products/services you sell by attending training events in the store, at the corporate headquarters, and occasionally off site at vendor training events
- Must be available to work during key holiday time periods & most weekends, as these are times when customers are shopping and are the most profitable for you
The person in this position needs to stand and sit for up to 8 hours per day, occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds, as well as operate a computer or other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, printer.
This employer may have workplace chemicals/products known to the State of California to cause Cancer, Birth Defects and/or Reproductive Harm.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible