PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
LOCATION: COLUMBUS, OH
*MUST HAVE AUTOMOTIVE INTERIOR TRIM EXP.*
This role serves as a value adding communication link between Sales and Engineering for all pre-award product activity. Proactive in its capacity to provide technical support and experience; this role services the Sales Department in all efforts to close new business opportunities.
- Conduct customer design reviews and deliver best practice recommendations to ensure optimum manufacturing output and quality.
- Serve as a rapid response manufacturing interface to Sales and customer during pre-award product phase. Review customer data for manufacturing, Design and Assembly concerns (2D, 3D, samples, etcetera).
- Lead RFC (Request for Cost) process by enhancing RFQ submittal detail (Request for Quote), digest BOM’s, interpret specifications, translate processes, and qualify timing.
- When CAD is available determine surface areas and volumes of parts, repair to develop allowing weight calculations to supply to team for quoting.
- Reconcile Cost Master and BOM before submitting to Sales.
- Develop presentations to supply feedback back to customer with RFC submittals. * Lead design interface with customers and support design reviews as required.
- Coordinate customer/sample build’s with Engineering team (as needed).
- Schedule and lead internal design reviews as it relates to:
- Manufacturing Issues
- Tooling Issues
- Foam feasibility Issues
- Assembly feasibility
- Homologation requirements and its affect to design Issues * Support PLM handoff with detailed BOM and quoted manufacturing process.
- Support PLM as requested to attend customer design reviews and provide feedback based on manufacturing criteria.
- Work with internal Engineering as required during ramp up and launch conduct CAD studies to expedite customer corrections.
- Other assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent working experience in a high-paced automotive engineering environment (minimum)
- Expert design experience in CAD and at least 10 years’ experience in the field of automotive engineering (interior trim experience)
- Experience using CATIAV5, NX 9.0
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, motivate, coach people in varying disciplines to achieve improved overall performance;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills at multiple organizational levels.
- Ability to quickly analyze and understand all types of initial information (2D/3D data, e-drawings, spec sheets, sketches, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Automotive interior: 10 years (Required)