Junior Software Engineer (RTS000005)
Immediate opening for a full-time Junior Software Engineer in Alexandria, Virginia. This individual will be a member of the team responsible for investigating, designing, implementing, and testing software to support the U.S. Navy’s spectrum management process.
This position requires an active DoD SECRET level or higher clearance. This position offers an extremely competitive salary, vacation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, exciting environment, collaborating with other team members to rapidly innovate, produce and field excellent software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate in our Agile/Scrum software development process.
- Work with our customer and other stakeholders to establish software requirements.
- Help us move toward a test driven development (TDD) process.
- Work with the team to gain an initial understanding of the desired solution, and iteratively develop and refine the software to achieve a usable, high quality result.
- Apply best software practices to your work.
- Develop software documentation (we try to keep it to a minimum, but it is a necessary evil).
- Have the ability and interest to learn new technologies.
- Travel, if required, to provide technical assistance to USN fleet personnel.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Possess strong software engineering skills and understanding of the software engineering process.
- Able to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Able to interact professionally with a diverse group including managers, developers, subject matter experts, and USN personnel who use our software.
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Possess excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (BSCS) is required; Master’s degree in Computer Science (MSCS) is a plus.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2-6 years of software development experience.
- Visual C++ and/or C# required
- RDBMS or big data experience desirable
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio and Git desirable
- Linux experience desirable
- Publish/subscribe patterns and middleware experience a plus
- Function in an office environment in a stationary position approximately 50 percent of the time or more
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine and printer
Primary Location: United States-VA-Alexandria
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Work Status: Full-time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran