$135,000 - $165,000 a year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Project management
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
Crowheart Energy, LLC is an independent oil and gas company with an operational focus on the Green River Basin in southern Wyoming. The Company has a low-decline legacy production base with development opportunities across its 1.3 million net acre operated position. Crowheart is privately held and governed by long-term energy industry investors.
The Senior Landman will be responsible for managing day to day Land functions in an aggressive drilling and P&A program, including but not limited to Land Tech tasks. This position will require a Senior Landman that is self-motivated, has the ability to work through land tasks with little to no supervision, works well with others within the Company, extensive operating experience and has excellent communication skills. The Senior Landman will report directly to the Vice President of Land.
401(k), 401(k) Matching, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, GTL & PTO
- Manage and negotiate legal contracts including confidentiality agreements, marketing agreements, primary leases, term assignments, Trade Agreements, Joint Operating Agreements, transfers, bill of sale, credit agreements, rights-of-way, easements, etc.
- Manage dynamic land position and changes to deliver WI/NRI per area utilizing outside contracted groups
- Prepare drilling locations for pooled units, allocation wells or JOA contract areas and issue pre spud title clearance to drill
- Coordinate ongoing Division Order and Royalty Relations matters with Division Order and Accounting groups
- Oversee contract landmen obtaining all necessary curative items for both drilling and division order execution
- Manage surface activities, including surface use agreements, surveying, easements, damage settlement, etc.
- Internally advise and support other disciplines on ownership and contract related matters as needed
- Represent the company on contractual matters with working interest owners, mineral owners, and other interest owners in both operated and non-operated wells and leasehold
- Track and update ownership and contractual interests in internal systems with necessary supporting backup
- Follow established Land processes and procedures to facilitate an aggressive drilling and P&A program
- Effectively manage brokers and attorneys in acquisition, title, and curative matters, including ordering and reviewing title opinions, directing acquisition efforts, obtaining curative, etc.
- Interpret title documentation including but not limited to title opinions, assignments, operating agreements, deeds, farmouts, and probate documents to assist in determining ownership prior to drilling
- Review curative and due diligence for wells and cure any title defects when required
- Review JOA, SUA and ROW agreements to ballot partners and determine access prior to drilling or P&A operations
- Coordinate and execute all Land activities to ensure timely, efficient, and effective operations including Land Tech work
- Send out AFE ballots and work closely with other operators regarding election correspondence
- Prepare budgets, create drilling scenarios, and review leases, contracts, obligations, etc.
- Prepare Land Exhibit’s for Crowheart WOGCC Hearings
- Prepare and provide testimony for protested hearings in pursuit of operations or development
- Forming of Federal Units
- Calculate working interest and net revenue interest in complex contractual scenarios, such as joint ventures, drilling wells across multiple contract areas, non-participating royalty interests, excess burdens, etc.
- Excalibur Lease Maintenance and owner relations
- Correspondence with BLM & State Offices regarding Leasehold issues
- Weekly Maintenance/oversight on the Master Well List & Master Lease List
- Communicate and facilitate the flow of information between Land and other departments
- Work closely with Land Administration Group to review and approve monthly, quarterly, and annual rental and obligation payments
- Communicate and disseminate information and data to foster and maintain goodwill through positive interaction with working interest partners, lessors and surface owners
- Communicate effectively with the BLM State and Field Offices, WOGCC and other government entities as required to perform tasks
- 10 - 15 years of Landman experience with hands-on knowledge as an Operations Landman
- Excalibur software and current ArcGIS experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Energy Management or Business
- 6+ years of Federal BLM experience; prefer Wyoming experience
- Acquisitions and Divestitures experience from both the buyers and sellers perspective
- Industry operational experience with attention to detail and ability to perform duties with high-level accuracy
- Demonstrated experience and competencies in teamwork, constructive collaboration, project management, time management, and skills related to land
- Knowledge of land operations and of identifying solutions to Land related issues and suggesting process improvements to increase effectiveness
- Direct work experience and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to build a strong working relationship with personnel in other departments
- Action oriented personality with a strong sense of initiative, motivation, and drive
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret all Land matters – procedures, legal documentation, contractual agreements, transfer of ownership records, ownership reports and title opinions
- Experience working within Excalibur
- Certifications are a plus: Certified Professional Landman (CPL)