Leads and coordinates activities of warehouse workers related to receiving, storing, inventorying, and shipping materials, supplies and parts. Provides leadership and supports employees in planning, assigning and directing work and resolving S/R issues.
- Coordinate layout of warehouse, and other storage areas, considering usage, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Train employees on care and proper storage of items received and shipped as well as the proper use of material handling equipment and related warehousing equipment.
- Develop standardized work procedures that will maximize productivity and minimize errors.
- Assign duties and examine work for accuracy, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Schedule daily routing of company vehicles for pick-ups and deliveries for maximum efficiencies
- Coordinate the flow of information needed to all departments in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for continual improvement to ensure a smooth running department and overall operation.
- Schedule and coordinate manpower to meet daily workload.
- Ensure warehouse space is utilized effectively and maintained cleaned through 5S standards and in conformance to policies and procedures and GMP’s
- Provide feedback and suggestions for continual improvement and develop standardized work procedures and examine work for accuracy neatness and conformance to policies and procedures
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of both product and paperwork from support staff
- Ensure integrity of inventory and cycle count/accuracy
- Maintain security of warehouse-logistics and safety of all associates and equipment, following accident reporting guidelines and conveying issues to management
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- GED/High school Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years' lead experience in warehouse operations and logistics including, shipping, receiving, delivery and inventory
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and ERP system
- Must be able to drive forklift and have a current valid driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse Lead: 2 years (Required)
- Shipping & Receiving: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Employees working per shift:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Night shift
- Holidays required
- Weekends required
- Monday to Friday