Vice President Management Consulting – Job Description
Concourse Federal Group
Concourse Federal Group (Concourse) aspires to serve clients as their trusted partner, solving problems, and providing services to improve organizational performance. Concourse combines the most talented management consulting, real estate, communications, technology, healthcare, and acquisition subject matter experts with innovative tools to deliver the necessary solutions.
Concourse creates cohesive teams with diverse backgrounds, knowledge, and skills to break down barriers to success, and together, help our federal clients to achieve the unachievable.
Concourse is looking for a Vice President to lead its Management Consulting division to supervise, oversee, and perform day-to-day program and project management tasks in support of Concourse’s rapidly growing Management Consulting business line.
The Vice President’s primary responsibility is 1) to ensure delivery of outstanding client service, 2) ensure their Management Consulting business line is profitable, 3) manage and pursue the growth of the firm’s Management Consulting business.
Vice President has Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility. Other responsibilities include; managing client accounts; and assisting in hiring, growth, and development of staff as well providing management support to the overall firm. This involves expanding and securing new business, managing project portfolio that meets or exceeds projections, and participating in the internal management of the company.
The Vice President will guide staff development through identifying skills needs, delegating tasks appropriately and motivating project staff to provide outstanding client service. The Vice Presidents is expected to specialize in a specific business portfolio, but should be proficient in all aspects of the business and be able to lead assigned accounts as needed regardless of client’s needs.
The Vice President will report directly to the President and the firm’s owners. Vice President is a member of the Concourse senior staff and participates in senior staff meetings, actively identify and pursue new business opportunities, contributes ideas to the overall management and well-being of the firm, serves as a mentor to junior staff and consistently identifies and implements new ways to improve the quality of Concourse’s work and job satisfaction for staff. Vice President is approximately 50% billable on client services.
As with all members of the Concourse team, the Vice President is expected to follow the policies described in the Concourse handbook, attend all internal meetings, and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while working to instill a positive work environment at the firm.
A successful Vice President demonstrates proficiency in completing the following activities.
- Develop junior staff to the next level by ensuring assigned staff fully understand projects, providing effective feedback to staff (positive and critical), identifying and promoting growth opportunities for all junior staff
- Implement firm policies around recruiting, staffing, training and account management that result in top-notch client service as well as a positive work environment that fosters a pattern of long-term staff retention
- Promote a positive environment for staff and identify and work with firm management to address any issues that are creating barriers to an optimal work environment for all staff
- Provide feedback, advice and back up as needed to other members of senior staff team to ensure all senior staff has support needed to effectively run accounts and promote positive work environment
- Attend and actively participate in senior staff meetings, offering ideas, insights and recommendations on firm policies, staffing, client service, new business and other topics that ultimately impact the overall quality of the firm
- Effectively manage all aspects of an account team
- Manage workflow for yourself and all staff assigned to your team project team
- Consistently demonstrate ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment for the entire staff
- Take responsibility for one internal area of management (i.e., new hire orientation, tech support, new business, office moral, etc.)
- Assist in hiring new staff that ultimately prove to be excellent, long-term hires
- Take the lead on implementing at least one internal program/procedure per quarter that improves office moral and/or contributes to staff retention
- Identify new business opportunities, participate in new business pitches and assist in drafting new business proposals
- Expand and/or renew existing accounts
- Maintain an extensive network of business connections that can be tapped for new business outreach, issue expertise, etc.
- Develop and conduct trainings, including regular Concourse trainings as well as niche areas of expertise, such as collaterals or policy maker relations
- Successfully run multiple accounts simultaneously, including managing work plans, client expectations, and internal staffing to ensure project is consistent with time and scope in the contract
- Show impeccable client service as demonstrated by at least one positive, unsolicited remark from a client per month as well as positive reviews from clients when firm management makes periodic check-in calls
- Develop relationships with vendors or sub-contractors that represent a variety of fields and can be used on projects as needed
- Develop relationships with other firms that are like-minded and suitable for/open to partnering with Concourse on projects when appropriate
Communication and Process
- Assume all responsibilities for effectively leading a team, including ensuring all administrative pieces are in place (work plan, contract, budget, projections, etc.), clients report high satisfaction, all staff clearly understand accounts and assignments, and the entire team is working in a cooperative fashion to promote great work as well as a positive internal team environment
- Write strategic communication plans and campaign strategies that demonstrate Concourse’s creative approach, offer unique strategies tailored to the needs of the client and provide enough detail that they can be implemented by client in the event Concourse is not contracted for implementation
- Lead proposal process for new business opportunities by adhering to Concourse’s policies for new business approach and development
- Take a lead role in creating a new piece of Concourse intellectual property or new Concourse training at least once per year
- Demonstrate outstanding writing skills
- Consistently meet internal and external deadlines
Financial and Administrative
- Submit expense reimbursement forms as appropriate
- Submit accurate time sheets
- Regularly update projections and manage work to meet or exceed projected revenue targets
- Manage project budgets to maintain high client satisfaction while meeting or coming in below budget
- Find ways to save company money by improving/streamlining internal systems or procedures
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business Administration, Management, or related field of study
· Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
· At least (10) ten years of experience in Management Consulting or related field
· Project Management Certification (i.e. PMP, FAC-P/PM, etc.) highly preferred
· Prior experience within federal government contracting industry is a plus
Concourse Federal Group employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At Concourse Federal Group, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. Concourse Federal Group is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. Concourse Federal Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Visit our website: www.concoursefederal.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $160,000.00 to $180,000.00 /year
- Management Consulting or related field: 10 years (Required)
- federal government contracting industry: 1 year (Required)
- Alexandria, VA (Required)
- * Project Management Certification (PMP) (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance