Posting Number: 090220
Posting Date: 09/11/2020
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: B27, $76,356 - $100,000/yr.
Number of Vacancies: 1 Full Time
FLSA Status: Computer-Exempt / Programmer V (0245)
Work Location Address: 611 East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701
Performs highly advanced (senior-level) computer programming work. Work involves planning, analyzing, scheduling, coordinating, and implementing programming projects; as well as providing technical assistance. This includes analysis, design, coding, testing, documenting, and implementing applications to support the various functional areas of the Texas Lottery Commission. Works in a manner that exemplifies and supports the agency’s core values of integrity, responsibility, innovation, fiscal accountability, customer responsiveness, teamwork, and excellence. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement. Reports to the Application Development Supervisor.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university is required. (Relevant programming experience, in excess of that required, may be substituted for college on a year-for-year basis.)
- Four years programming experience is required. This experience must include application design, coding, and testing following a structured application development methodology.
- Experience in programming using SQL is required.
- Experience in programming using C# is required.
- Experience designing, coding and supporting high-quality form-style applications using C#.Net is preferred.
- Experience in HTML and XML is preferred.
- Experience with SyncFusion is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL is preferred.
- Experience with Agile Software Development practices is preferred.
- Experience with Java is preferred.
- Experience with Jasper Reports/iReports is preferred.
- Experience with batch scripting using PERL is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) or Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) in Microsoft
.Net is preferred.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays and travel for work-related purposes as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of efficient computer programming and systems analysis; of computer operations procedures and systems; and of computer programming languages.
- Skill in the use of computer equipment and in modifying programs for computer applications.
- Ability to process information logically; to design programs and systems logic; to prepare program specifications; to code, test, and debug computer programs; and to interpret technical information relating to computer programming and other areas of data processing.
- Ability to interpret State Lottery Act, Lottery Rules, Bingo Enabling Act, Bingo Rules and Regulations.
- Ability to work within a team environment to produce high-quality applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time and operate standard office equipment and computer software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs and oversees highly complex coding, testing, and debugging of programs, applications, and reviews, and evaluates programming efforts in relation to systems requirements.
- Analyzes, reviews, and revises programs to increase the operating efficiency or to adapt new procedures.
- Develops standards and procedures for programming staff.
- Provides technical advice and assistance in matters related to programming activities.
- May prepare instructions and procedures for use during implementation of software modifications, system modifications, and/or new products.
- Performs related work as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
A State of Texas application is required in order to be considered for this position. The preferred method of applying is by submitting a State of Texas Application electronically through the Texas Workforce Commission's workintexas.com online system by 11:59 p.m. of the closing date stated on the job posting. When a job opening is posted open until filled, it is best to apply as soon as possible, as the posting may close or be placed on-hold at any time with or without prior notification. Applications may also be submitted by mail referencing the position number & title by application deadline to: Texas Lottery Commission, Human Resources, P.O. Box 16630, Austin, TX 78761-6630. Applications may be obtained by downloading the State of Texas Application from the TLC website www.txlottery.org, at www.workintexas.com, or Texas Workforce Commission offices located throughout the state. Applications must be received in our Human Resources office or any Lottery Claim Center statewide by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date listed on the posting. Applications submitted via express or overnight delivery mail should be mailed to: Texas Lottery Commission, Human Resources, 611 East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701. Applications are NOT accepted by email or fax. Applicants are solely responsible for timely submission/delivery of applications by the deadline.
Proud of Our Diversity - Committed to Equal Employment Opportunities
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $76,356.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Computer Programming: 4 years (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Required)
- C#: 1 year (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19