Several of our NYC hotels are seeking Front Desk Agents.
FRONT DESK AGENTS' DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early chek-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out's, currency exchange,
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out's, Foreign currency exchange etc.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Have a solid guest/customer service experience.
- Successful history as a front desk agent or related hospitality experience
- Must have a flexible work schedule.
- Task-driven individual
- Register & process guests and their assigned rooms
- Accommodate guest requests
- Communicating with hotel staff on the status of guest rooms
- Up Selling guest rooms and promoting hotel services
- Handling cash payments
- Maintain a clean and neat front desk area
- Opera experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Hotel: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: